News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Not So Happy Thanksgiving 2021

Started by FL SAAC, November 24, 2021, 05:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

And from the "SOMEWHERE IN FLORIDA" files:

Someone is not going to be having such a nice Turkey Day
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

deathsled

That is an awful sight.  Why, I ask?  How?  People need to respect their cars as if they were living beings.  They hurt and bleed (antifreeze, oil, gasoline) like people when they are injured.  I sometimes think each car has a kind of soul.  Do I genuinely believe that?  No.  But every once in a while, I get to thinking.  All those experiences that went along with that particular automobile.  The fights that occurred, the occasional breakup, the fun times, the fast times, the romantic encounters, the times stuck in traffic.  Most, if not all cars are to me, conduits of the full range of human emotions.  If only they could speak.  And one day, I believe they will.  Every car will have an A.I. program in it to keep the driver company since society seems to be atomizing.  And likely said A.I. program will report you to a governmental body.  A.I.  A blessing and a curse.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

If memory doesn't fail me K.I.T.T. already does:

"Please Michael, I'm the Knight Industries 2000, not a tomato on wheels!"

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

trotrof1

So it was a dealership flub. Reminds me of the days when the 05-06 GTs were being destroyed by the Dealer staff before delivery. Was like a write off every week for a while.

shelbydoug

William Daniels is the voice of Kit on Night Rider.

He came up to me at a car show for the Light House in South Salem a few years ago and asked me if my car was ever a Hertz rental.

It seems that on more then one occasion he rented them?

He didn't care to discuss any spiritual connections with the car. Garner was his good bud and apparently it was a favorite thing for the two to rent them and beat the tar out of them.

That I call spiritual.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Side-Oilers

Daniels played a couple of different characters during the course of Rockford Files.   

He was always perfect as the pompous, over-educated, stick-up-his-azz guy that Jim couldn't stand.  (Check out "The Italian Bird Fiasco." Great episode.)

Cool to know he was a car guy and had fun trading paint with Garner.   
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

shelbydoug

Quote from: Side-Oilers on November 29, 2021, 03:55:51 PM
Daniels played a couple of different characters during the course of Rockford Files.   

He was always perfect as the pompous, over-educated, stick-up-his-azz guy that Jim couldn't stand.  (Check out "The Italian Bird Fiasco." Great episode.)

Cool to know he was a car guy and had fun trading paint with Garner.

Having a NY, NY Hertz car it would be interesting to know exactly who rented it. The Garner Lemans car was of all places here in NY. When Don Wells had it up in Poughkeepsie, I'm not sure that he knew the history?

I'd never peg Daniels as a Brooklyn, NY native but I suspect that is not the name he was born with? He's got that pompous persona (even in person) like Jack Cassidy had. Maybe they beat Brooklyn out of him at Northwestern?

I find celeb's reactions sometimes in person a little strange. Like you don't know who they are, right?

By the same token Garner was from Oklahoma and had the accent. Apparently he went to a formal diction class to overcome it.

I'm a fan of both of 'em, so don't get me wrong. Good that I never got close to either. I need my front teeth. ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!