News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Cobra/HiPo 289 Fuel Pump date May 1963 CL ad

Started by JWH, December 05, 2021, 10:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JWH

This is advertised as 289 HIPO 3623-S Carter X Fuel Pump with Filter Canister with an E3 date code or May 1963.

https://bham.craigslist.org/pts/d/birmingham-1963-shelby-cobra-ford/7411596627.html

fastpace

Nice find, does look to be a 1963 289 fuel pump 3623S.  According to Bob Mannels book it was used on both HiPo and non-HiPo 289s for 1963 and then changed to the 3732S and 3734S in 1964.  However, to be correct for a 289 Cobra it would still need the Eelco elbow which can be more rare than the pump itself.  This was the same case for the pump which was listed by magmustangs on ebay which is referenced in the listing.

wcampbell

Yeah - I reached out to the seller, but haven't heard back yet.

JWH

One of the fun things about posting parts that I come across is learning what is correct, what the value is, what to look for if you ever come across a part at a swap meet, part #s, date codes etc. I have never heard of the Eelco elbow before but found this picture posted by Dan Case on another website. Dan is super knowledgeable and so I assume this is the Eelco elbow being referred to.

Dan Case

Quote from: JWH on December 06, 2021, 07:45:28 PM
Eelco elbow

See typical installed fitting below.

Dan Case
1964 Cobra owner since 1983, Cobra crazy since I saw my first one in the mid 1960s in Huntsville, AL.

Rukiddin

6 year search to find these! Dan educated me about them!

wcampbell

Thanks to everyone for the responses and help trying to connect with the seller for me. He did respond late last night, we talked and came to a deal! I greatly appreciate everyone's kind thoughts and help with sourcing items like this! This is what makes this community so great!