News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Have Boss 302 plus fire bottle

Started by deathsled, December 06, 2021, 09:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

will travel...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUVmJJP3AO4

Any ideas how to secure said bottle?  I have a rule of no drilling into the bodywork.  I'd rather let it roll around behind me if drilling a bracket is my only option.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

67 GT350

Good idea....What do people recommend ? Are there any pictures where to place them in all the years?
RARE  Signature Delete

Side-Oilers

In my KR, I have a bracket that attaches to the passenger seat front mounting bolts.   

Can't remember where I bought it, but it keeps the extinguisher handy, secure, and doesn't really interfere with anything on the seat.

Get a Halon extinguisher.  Not dry chemical. 
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

98SVT - was 06GT

They make a rollbar mount that could probably mount to the rear cross brace - but hard to get at in a rush.

https://www.amazon.com/Tek208-Quick-Release-Extinguisher-Anodized/dp/B0779F9QPM?th=1

The standard mount and a couple strips of 10ga about an inch wide drilled to mount under the seat bolts and the mount bolted to them.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

deathsled

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on December 06, 2021, 10:26:24 PM
They make a rollbar mount that could probably mount to the rear cross brace - but hard to get at in a rush.

https://www.amazon.com/Tek208-Quick-Release-Extinguisher-Anodized/dp/B0779F9QPM?th=1

The standard mount and a couple strips of 10ga about an inch wide drilled to mount under the seat bolts and the mount bolted to them.

Wow!  Liking that roll bar mounting bracket. 

1109RWHP

Get one filled with Haltron or a Cold Fire. You don't want to use a powder type extinguisher on your car.

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: deathsled on December 06, 2021, 10:34:54 PM

There are many sources - shop around that was the first one that came up in my search. If you are going to do a track day every one I've seen requires a metal bracket not the typical plastic one the manufacturer gives you.
+3 4 or is it now 5 for not using powder on your car. You save that one for putting out someone else's fire so they can do the cleanup.

deathsled

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on December 07, 2021, 02:35:20 PM
Quote from: deathsled on December 06, 2021, 10:34:54 PM

There are many sources - shop around that was the first one that came up in my search. If you are going to do a track day every one I've seen requires a metal bracket not the typical plastic one the manufacturer gives you.
+3 4 or is it now 5 for not using powder on your car. You save that one for putting out someone else's fire so they can do the cleanup.
The one you found looks good and I favor it because it is made in the US.  And it's red.  Good idea to use the rear brace to mount it.  I had not considered that but imagining it now, the setup could be quick to access with my right arm.  It has a quick release.  No plans to track the Boss.  Or the Hertz.  Being on the roads alone is treacherous enough. 

FL SAAC

Ya don't need any stinking fire extinguisher,  real men die well done

Stick a fork in this it's  done
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: FL SAAC on December 07, 2021, 06:51:07 PM

I could never figure out why they are required for track days and SCCA etc. A built in system is good from the point the driver can easily set it off but to expect the driver to get out and use his little 2.5 lbs before the corner workers can arrive with serious stuff is ludicrous.
The real problem with the Halon type systems is that the drivers tend to activate them while the car is still rolling and leave that fire eliminating cloud in the rearview mirror.

deathsled

Quote from: FL SAAC on December 07, 2021, 06:51:07 PM

Stick a fork in this it's  done
It's not about my paltry life. It is about the life of the car.