News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

2005 Ford GT One Owner-All 4 Options-Only 3 miles!

Started by BGlover67, May 06, 2018, 11:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan

Every Mustang I sold came with my best 1/4 mile et slips placed under the carpet.
Max
'67    0029

shelbydoug

Quote from: 69mach351w on May 09, 2018, 09:55:51 PM
Quote from: chris NOS on May 07, 2018, 07:04:38 AM
this is unbelievable to have a car like this and never driving it !
I've seen posts on here where some of you guys talking about having your Shelbys for all these years and putting less than 100 miles on them or NO miles on them.

So, I'm saying, how can you own a car for such a long time and hardly, if ever, drive it??  Got to be the most boring life, for YOU AND THE SHELBY!!!! 

No wonder I see a lot of threads here, 428 site and Boss site, where more and more of you guys are selling your special rides. Hell, if my car sat all the time, why have it??

You'll be 75 yrs old and wonder "why didn't I get that Shelby and drive it like Ol' Shel' meant for then to be? BUT, too late now when you can't even get up out of your chair.

Yea, we're caretakers, THAT'S IT!!  And when you/we are dead and gone, I'll bet someone will be driving it!!

I think it is safe to say that no one uses any of these cars for everyday transportation any more.

There is now also more then just one car in the family like it was when I was a kid, so it's no surprise to me that few get many miles put on them unless you live on a race track where you can go and do a few laps every morning.

Even if one chooses to drive them, road conditions and traffic volume don't co-operate much any more. It seems that every road that I drive on has too much traffic on it or has no road maintenance done to it.

So, I'm not shocked with low mileage cars at all.

That GT must come new with at least four speeding tickets already in the glove box, just needing for you to fill in your own name and address. Those are the cars that get pulled over here. Not the mini-vans doing 95mph trying to beat the traffic to the bridge.

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

I've seen posts on here where some of you guys talking about having your Shelbys for all these years and putting less than 100 miles on them or NO miles on them.

So, I'm saying, how can you own a car for such a long time and hardly, if ever, drive it??  Got to be the most boring life, for YOU AND THE SHELBY!!!! 

No wonder I see a lot of threads here, 428 site and Boss site, where more and more of you guys are selling your special rides. Hell, if my car sat all the time, why have it??

You'll be 75 yrs old and wonder "why didn't I get that Shelby and drive it like Ol' Shel' meant for then to be? BUT, too late now when you can't even get up out of your chair.

Yea, we're caretakers, THAT'S IT!!  And when you/we are dead and gone, I'll bet someone will be driving it!!

I understand your sentiment. It isn't always one way or the other however. Their are some owners that are fortunate enough to have more then one Shelby. Some purposely to pleasure drive, some to maintain in showroom condition and some to vintage race.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

chris NOS

Well ,me i m driving my car , speeding often 100 mph ,shifting 6000 RPM and risking my driving licence , giving ride  each time i can  to my two kids, two nephew ,and sons of my old friend!
i hope i ll be able to do it  for many years to come !
and Bglover 67 the girl friend post was a parable ... ;)

BGlover67

I was just kidding Chris ...but you certaintly have the right idea about your Shelby.  Too many people with original Shelby's are afraid to get them dirty by driving them.   :'(

Your post exemplified that perfectly.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

69mach351w

Quote from: shelbydoug on May 10, 2018, 07:32:19 AM

I think it is safe to say that no one uses any of these cars for everyday transportation any more.

There is now also more then just one car in the family like it was when I was a kid, so it's no surprise to me that few get many miles put on them unless you live on a race track where you can go and do a few laps every morning.

Even if one chooses to drive them, road conditions and traffic volume don't co-operate much any more. It seems that every road that I drive on has too much traffic on it or has no road maintenance done to it.

So, I'm not shocked with low mileage cars at all.

That GT must come new with at least four speeding tickets already in the glove box, just needing for you to fill in your own name and address. Those are the cars that get pulled over here. Not the mini-vans doing 95mph trying to beat the traffic to the bridge.
You have got this all TOTALLY WRONG on what I was talking about!!!
Lol, nobody ever mentioned using a vintage Shelby as "daily transportation", that's rediculous!!!

And I'm gonna tell you something, I WILL find the time/day and place to drive my vintage Mustangs/shelbys.  They don't sit, that's for sure!!!!

shelbydoug

If you say that I didn't understand what you meant. I'll agree if you say so?

However, you missed my point also. These cars are no longer daily drivers so what "driving" is means different things to different people.

You sound like you tend to think there should be a minimum annual  mileage put on a car. That's fine. That's your perspective. Not every owner would agree with that.

What Bob was saying is that if you have several, they can be re-designated to different purposes. One car be the one you drive. One can be the one that you stare at.

Kind of like a private museum where you look at a painting, a sculpture, a set of custom shoes.

Looking at the current batch of "barn finds", I too find it tragic that the car was left to sit for 20 or 30 years and permitted to rot away. There I agree with you totally. It would have been a much better fate to have driven the car into that state rather then rot.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

69mach351w

Still got it wrong.....

No more responses from me.

Good day all

CharlesTurner

The only thing I see wrong is some folks have a hard time understanding how OTHER people enjoy their belongings.  How about everyone just doing what they want with their cars and not worry that others don't think or do the same.

Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge