Author Topic: 69 Clock issues.  (Read 1256 times)

SChatman

• View Profile
69 Clock issues.
« on: December 10, 2021, 12:21:34 AM »
1969  clock problems, my clock is working but the adjustment gear keeps pulling off of the shaft and it also spins on the shaft. The gear seems to have a split in it and so does the one I have from an extra clock as well, I don’t know if it’s supposed to be that way or if the gear is supposed to be solid and that’s what’s causing the issue. I need the gear to stay on the shaft and not spin so the clock can be adjusted.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Special Ed

• View Profile
Re: 69 Clock issues.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2021, 07:32:58 AM »
Back years ago i sent the 69 clock plastic lens with the  adjustment knob and shaft assembly to dan carpenter to have made and they turned out good. The plastic lens get scuffed easy when cleaned with dirty rags and the  lens and adjustment knob and shaft was made as a 1 piece assembly originally and not designed to be taken apart again.

SChatman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2021, 09:43:27 AM »
I think you misunderstand what I’m asking. There is an adjuster knob going through the lense as you said but that just moves the marker hand not the actual clock. If you look at the pictures I’ve attached you can see the adjuster for the clock itself that goes through the lense and the clock face, notice the small brass gear on the end of the adjuster shaft…that gear pops off the end of the shaft and or spins on the end of the shaft so you can’t adjust the clock. I’m trying to figure out how to make that gear stay on the shaft without spinning.
Thank you

PR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 09:08:14 AM »
Try rocketmans classic cougar innovation, he has fixed a few for me, I suggest you call him first

Tired Sheep

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 12:48:09 PM »
Its a press fitting, so you may need to replace some parts or try a light epoxy