News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

SAI to bring back the GT 500KR for 2022

Started by tesgt350, December 16, 2021, 01:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Side-Oilers

That is a valid point.

My only question was:  Is the car that ran at the SAAC convention on street tires or not?   
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

shelbydoug

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on December 20, 2021, 03:08:10 PM
Quote from: Side-Oilers on December 16, 2021, 07:59:54 PM
Tesla Plaid has AWD.  Hard to imagine the KR pulling those kind of numbers. 

I'd guess 10.4-ish, with around 135 mph in trap speed...on street tires...on a good-grip track day.

With slicks...0.5-sec quicker?

Randy?
2012 ZL-1 Camaro. My friend-who now works in prototype vehicle development at Ford in Dearborn was putting brand new Camaros into the 9s. 1st to do it and I believe the package was around 15 grand for these numbers at Livernois Engineering in Dearborn hts. 2012. I'd post the video of my friend Rick turning 9.80s but it is now unavailable on youtube at this moment. He was their test pilot there.   https://www.torquenews.com/106/livernois-motorsports-builds-first-2012-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-9-second-club

A car that ugly better be fast.

Dalton Winkler was into the 8s last year with his Shelby. He didn't say if it was stock or not.

At least the Shelby is semi-attractive, but if I lay on the ground and have the same perspective as the picture of the blue car in the press release, it does look good.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Don Johnston

Interview with Gary Patterson, CEO of Shelby American, about the car.  Note that it is in development and prototype yet to be built for testing:

https://www.autoweek.com/news/technology/a38556527/shelby-american-900-plus-hp-gt500kr/?fbclid=IwAR056UbZjX2W2LNQch-cDwAWv5EKM7TgdC6CxHYUcAoBnZ7_ZuWCWKhduVQ

8)

shelbymann1970

Quote from: shelbydoug on December 20, 2021, 03:54:32 PM

I'd guess 10.4-ish, with around 135 mph in trap speed...on street tires...on a good-grip track day.

Randy?
2012 ZL-1 Camaro. My friend-who now works in prototype vehicle development at Ford in Dearborn was putting brand new Camaros into the 9s. 1st to do it and I believe the package was around 15 grand for these numbers at Livernois Engineering in Dearborn hts. 2012. I'd post the video of my friend Rick turning 9.80s but it is now unavailable on youtube at this moment. He was their test pilot there.   https://www.torquenews.com/106/livernois-motorsports-builds-first-2012-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-9-second-club

Dalton Winkler was into the 8s last year with his Shelby. He didn't say if it was stock or not.

At least the Shelby is semi-attractive, but if I lay on the ground and have the same perspective as the picture of the blue car in the press release, it does look good.
The Camaro is ugly? I guess I should expect your comment on a forum like this where most are 1 brand blue oval loyalists. No, the Mustang Mach E is ugly. A Prius is ugly. Honda Element is ugly. Camaro is not. But I understand your jaded comment.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

shelbydoug

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on December 21, 2021, 05:20:56 AM

Randy?

The Camaro is ugly? I guess I should expect your comment on a forum like this where most are 1 brand blue oval loyalists. No, the Mustang Mach E is ugly. A Prius is ugly. Honda Element is ugly. Camaro is not. But I understand your jaded comment.

I agree, they ALL are ugly. You won't find me with ANY of them.

There is definitely a school of design here. It isn't necessarily any one manufacturer specifically. It's just the era we are in. The new Corvette is like an alien Rorschach test.

Hey. I'm the buyer. I don't have to apologist to any of them. They need to convince me. That's how it works.

Does "Detroit" build what the customer wants or tell the customer what they want? Maybe YOU are brain washed because YOU are beholding to them? I'm not.

Like Ford's current attitude right now. At one time they came to SAAC and cuddled up because WE were influential. Now they could care less because WE are no longer their customer?

Ugly is as ugly does. "Ain't me babe, ain't me you're lookin' for babe!" ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

shelbymann1970

Quote from: shelbydoug on December 21, 2021, 06:34:08 AM

Randy?

There is definitely a school of design here. It isn't necessarily any one manufacturer specifically. It's just the era we are in. The new Corvette is like an alien Rorschach test.

Hey. I'm the buyer. I don't have to apologist to any of them. They need to convince me. That's how it works.

Does "Detroit" build what the customer wants or tell the customer what they want? Maybe YOU are brain washed because YOU are beholding to them? I'm not.

Like Ford's current attitude right now. At one time they came to SAAC and cuddled up because WE were influential. Now they could care less because WE are no longer their customer?

Brainwashed? LOL. Hardly. So if you think the latest Ford GT is good looking(you haven't said anything I'm aware of yet) and the new Corvette isn't then you might be  brainwashed on Fords. LOL. I think the new Vette looks better than the Ford GT. I do like the 05-06 Ford GT better. I would have no problem buying a Z06 2023 Vette. Maybe Detroit followed Toyota's lead in that you can build the ugliest cars on earth and people will buy them(along with other Asian car makers to a degree). I have watched for years on how Toyota's bland and butt ugly cars sell well. Their Lexus full size SUV with all the gaudy enhancements over the Toyota counter part left me shaking my head on the lack of flow in the designs. It reminded me of Clark's station wagon in Vacation(extra tail lights on the rear door). The Prius tail lights on the latest as I thought they couldn't make that ugly car uglier but proceeded to do so. The large "Predator" grill openings for years on the Lexus. The Honda Element or the "Cube" by Scion. WOW. Or my favorite the JUKE!!! looks like an ugly bug with no flowing lines on the body but people still buy them. So when you call a Camaro "ugly" well no, those mentioned above are UGLY.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

shelbydoug

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on December 21, 2021, 07:10:20 AM
Quote from: shelbydoug on December 21, 2021, 06:34:08 AM

Randy?

Brainwashed? LOL. Hardly. So if you think the latest Ford GT is good looking(you haven't said anything I'm aware of yet) and the new Corvette isn't then you might be  brainwashed on Fords. LOL. I think the new Vette looks better than the Ford GT. I do like the 05-06 Ford GT better. I would have no problem buying a Z06 2023 Vette. Maybe Detroit followed Toyota's lead in that you can build the ugliest cars on earth and people will buy them(along with other Asian car makers to a degree). I have watched for years on how Toyota's bland and butt ugly cars sell well. Their Lexus full size SUV with all the gaudy enhancements over the Toyota counter part left me shaking my head on the lack of flow in the designs. It reminded me of Clark's station wagon in Vacation(extra tail lights on the rear door). The Prius tail lights on the latest as I thought they couldn't make that ugly car uglier but proceeded to do so. The large "Predator" grill openings for years on the Lexus. The Honda Element or the "Cube" by Scion. WOW. Or my favorite the JUKE!!! looks like an ugly bug with no flowing lines on the body but people still buy them. So when you call a Camaro "ugly" well no, those mentioned about are UGLY.

I do not think the Ford GT is attractive. It's too spacey for me like the Lamborghini's are.

Re-read what I said. I said I don't like any of the current offerings.

As far as the new Corvette goes, it has a Camaro rear which personally I wonder if it has been influenced by Kim Kardashian where you inject fat into your ass and then try to decorate the cellulite showing through the stretch pants with add on chachka's.

I'm not trying to infuriate you or accuse you of anything but it's very obvious in your writings that you have a sympathetic view to GM offerings. Why could that be? Maybe because you work there? That's all I'm saying.

Now the ultimate issue here is not you and me. It's the current world universal issue of being able to speak truth to power. Corporate is noticibly worse then government is. That's an issue.

I once defended "Detroit" reasoning why would they make what they want and shove that down our throats? I've changed my view. They definitely are telling us what we want or making us want things like the Ford GT even though few can afford that.

As far as Ford with the Mustang-E, give me a break here. How can they POSSIBLY try to equate a 67 Mustang fastback to what they now want to call a Mustang?
Are they through with binary sex identification too? "If you were classified as female at birth..."? That was just a sexist '60s thing? :o

That's ALL TOO ABSTRACT for me which absolutely proves that they are correct in that I am just no longer their customer. But I didn't cause that. They did. I'll stay with a woman as a wife AND A REAL "MUSTANG" ! Thank you. Communication ended.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

SFM6S

Just my two cents...I have always thought the new gen Camero's look like adult sized Hot Wheels. As far as the most recent rendition of the Ford GT, wayyy to futuristic for my tastes. Honestly, I appreciate the new Mustangs and latest Shelby labeled Mustangs, but I'd take a Demon any day.