News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Winter 2022 - Shelby American

Started by silverton_ford, December 09, 2021, 12:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverton_ford

The Winter 2022 Shelby American issue is out on the Members Only site.  There is over 120 pages!!  Some great information here!  I'm surprised everyone isn't talking about it already.  It was announced a couple of days ago. 

Go to this site and log in. = https://saac.wildapricot.org/

So far, my favorite article is the interview of Rick Kopec by Peter Brock and Marty Beaulieu. Rick mostly does the interviewing.... in all the other issues, so this is pretty cool.

Also a great spread on SAAC 46.  Another great asset to our hobby!  Check it out!

chris NOS

I enjoyed reading Rick's interview too  :)

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Rick Koepc -- Renaissance man  Great article
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

98SVT - was 06GT

Anybody have more photos or owner info on the GT1/TA car page 42 lower left corner? I want to back date mine to that rear spoiler and get rid of my wing.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

JD

Quote from: chris NOS on December 09, 2021, 05:39:11 AM

Yes, first article I read in the issue, thanks Rick
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

shelbydoug

Quote from: JD on December 10, 2021, 10:37:54 AM
Quote from: chris NOS on December 09, 2021, 05:39:11 AM

Yes, first article I read in the issue, thanks Rick

"Like a Rock".  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Cobra Ned

I'm still trying to figure out who exactly that Rick guy is.   :P

shelbydoug

Quote from: Cobra Ned on December 11, 2021, 08:58:41 AM

He doesn't want you to know.  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Cobrask8

Just finished reading the article on Rick. Great piece! Rick helped me with some of my early magazine work, more offering advice on how to write and put ideas together. I still use it to this day. Over the years we had many conversations about the club, the cars, he was spot on back then about where we are now. He is truly one with great cognizance on the club and his place. And he more than once had the need to pull me back in place when needed.

One part of the interview I liked the best was his accurate description of Ol' Shel'. Spot on. I've been around the club (SAAC), Replica Cobras, Modern Team Shelby, and other affairs to see how Shelby really acted. Hence, I never hero worshipped him, kept a distance, and only have one or two handshakes and one picture of the both of us. No glove box signatures! (I am a rare one). One aspect that I see of so many modern Shelby owners, and partially with Team Shelby, is how Carroll is hero worshipped. When I speak my opinion (and not usually what is wanted to be heard), I am usually scorned. But I take that scorn, I have the age and mileage to know true history and been there for it.

I have always admired Rick's and the registry's value for the history of the cars, and that is the one big plus of SAAC.

Great read.

Dan

Bill

Rick,

Thank you for your service, not only to the SAAC organization, but to this country as well.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

mark p

Quote from: Bill on December 11, 2021, 11:45:13 AM
Rick,
   Thank you for your service, not only to the SAAC organization, but to this country as well.
Bill

+1
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Cobra Ned on December 11, 2021, 08:58:41 AM

Easy - He's Howard Pardee's PR man.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless