News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Let's see some garages

Started by BGlover67, May 07, 2018, 05:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stangman39

Caught up on this thread.  Some really nice garages/shops and cars people have here.
When I moved to my current house about 2.5 years ago we looked for over a year to find suitable
land for me to build a shop.  The 2.5 acres with house already had a 24x30 detached oversize garage
with central heat, running water and bathroom/shower.
I've added on a 40x50 metal bld with 16' ceiling to the small garage.
It's a mess with parts and tools etc and just this week finally having 1000sqft of loft built in the big bld
so I can get organized.  I'll try to post some pics soon.
In the big shop I went with basic concrete stain/paint and some of it hasn't help up too well.  I didn't
want to spend the $ on epoxy at the time but I guess I should have.

Corey Bowcutt

I installed a 2 post lift in my garage over the weekend.  Still have to wire it up and add hydraulic fluid but almost ready to lift the car.  I found building a 2 post lift to be easier that a 4 post lift.  The only hard part was lifting the columns but I have access to Navy football players so that made it pretty easy.

Corey Bowcutt

67 GT350

Make sure its BIG enough. LOL The next one will be!
RARE  Signature Delete

mark p

Quote from: Corey Bowcutt on April 01, 2019, 08:10:41 AM
I installed a 2 post lift in my garage over the weekend.  Still have to wire it up and add hydraulic fluid but almost ready to lift the car.  I found building a 2 post lift to be easier that a 4 post lift.  The only hard part was lifting the columns but I have access to Navy football players so that made it pretty easy.

Looking good Corey!
A couple of those football guys sounds like just the ticket for the Columns  ;D
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

BGlover67

Great lift Cory.  I like the idea of a two post lift, but I don't think it would work well for storage, which is my primary purpose.  Last Monday, I installed a Bendpak 4 post.  I also bought a rolling jack which is pretty cool and makes it much more practical.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Corey Bowcutt

Nice Brian! Can not go wrong with Bendpak.

I really soul searched on 2 post vs. 4 post.  I agree it is probably a very bad idea to store a car on a 2 post lift for a few reasons.  But unfortunately for me I am not burdened with the problem of storing several of these great cars so my primary purpose for the lift is servicing my car.  You can definitely use a 4 post for servicing as well especially with the sliding jack option but I felt like a 4 post was more intrusive on the space in my garage. But I put the 2 post back far enough in my garage that should I win the lottery and pick a few other Shelbys I could add a 4 post in the forward section of my garage.

terlingua11

Brian, Does the rolling jack slide along the bottom railings allowing you to lift the car off of the rails with air, meaning lift the tires off the lift to allow them to be removed.So you basically can use the 4 post lift like a 2 post to work on tires and brakes? My 4 post has the option to install those, but at the time I purchased it I didn't know if I would ever use them. Now that I have had the lift for awhile, I was considering adding that to my lift. How do you like them if that's what you have. Did you go with just one or two.
Jeff-
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

BGlover67

Quote from: terlingua11 on April 03, 2019, 10:40:57 AM
Brian, Does the rolling jack slide along the bottom railings allowing you to lift the car off of the rails with air, meaning lift the tires off the lift to allow them to be removed.So you basically can use the 4 post lift like a 2 post to work on tires and brakes? My 4 post has the option to install those, but at the time I purchased it I didn't know if I would ever use them. Now that I have had the lift for awhile, I was considering adding that to my lift. How do you like them if that's what you have. Did you go with just one or two.
Jeff-

Yes Jeff, that's exactly how it works.  Pneumatic control, moves along the inside of the rails with barely any effort.  Bendpak makes nicely engineered equipment. 
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

jk66gt350

6S1575 and its stable mate - one of one '70 Cougar XR-7 vert that is my more frequent summer driver. 

JD

Beautiful - and the orange kitty just fits in the cage.  Nice!
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

deathsled

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"