News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Some Perspective

Started by Survivor, December 22, 2021, 10:16:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Survivor

So, I've looked at a ton of cars over the years but this one...  Documented one owner '71 Mach 1 w/ tons of paperwork, 7k legit miles and 90% original paint.  Special order grabber paint, comp. suspension, non-funct. nasa hood and a few other goodies but nothing super special.  Seats still had the factory plastic on them and the seller still has the 4 factory bias ply tires.  Thing is clean as a whistle and not a spot of rust.  Not really a Mach 1 guy (after '70 that is) but how do you pass on this one.  Is it a 40k car now given the history and condition or will it take a bunch of years to get there.  Where are the after '70 Mach 1's headed.  I've never purchased on emotion but Christ when will another one like this come up...     

roddster

Bill

Quote from: Survivor on December 22, 2021, 10:16:00 AM
So, I've looked at a ton of cars over the years but this one...  Documented one owner '71 Mach 1 w/ tons of paperwork, 7k legit miles and 90% original paint.  Special order grabber paint, comp. suspension, non-funct. nasa hood and a few other goodies but nothing super special.  Seats still had the factory plastic on them and the seller still has the 4 factory bias ply tires.  Thing is clean as a whistle and not a spot of rust.  Not really a Mach 1 guy (after '70 that is) but how do you pass on this one.  Is it a 40k car now given the history and condition or will it take a bunch of years to get there.  Where are the after '70 Mach 1's headed.  I've never purchased on emotion but Christ when will another one like this come up...   

Is this the car in Dallas, PA ?
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Survivor

Krelboyne

Purely speculative?
Do you think that you would like being the caretaker of a vehicle that should be treated as a trailer queen?
Do you think that you would like being an ambassador, and champion something that you totally aren't in love with?

Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC

Side-Oilers

Super rare to find in this condition/miles.  If you're on the fence, I'd say just get it. 

Worse comes to worse, you enjoy it for a little while then sell it.  7k mile original Machs with the plastic still on the seats are certainly not what you see every day.  Or ever.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

It's a unicorn.If it's as described I think it would actually be pretty hard to lose money on it in the long term...