News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

351W emissions

Started by TOBKOB, December 29, 2021, 09:24:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOBKOB

OK guys,
What type emissions did a '69 GT350 have?  I feel certain I know but during a recent discussion I was told I was wrong. Thanks for any replies.

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

Bob Gaines

Quote from: TOBKOB on December 29, 2021, 09:24:58 AM
OK guys,
What type emissions did a '69 GT350 have?  I feel certain I know but during a recent discussion I was told I was wrong. Thanks for any replies.

TOB
IMCO . A explanation is on pg 5 of the Ford shop tips .http://www.mustangtek.com/Library6/PDF/ShopTips6-1.pdf
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

I believe Mr Gaines is correct. I also think there were some variations in how the GT350s were built depending on whether or not the car had AC or not.

I have been looking closely at this and note some cars have the vacuum tree while others do not. I do not have a complete data set yet.

I'm looking for a 4spd AC build sheet

J_Speegle

Agree the system was referred to as IMCO or Improved Combustion Exhaust Emission Control Systems. Something that was introduced in 67 and has its changes through the early 70's. Included things like air cleaner design, intake design changes (in some cars), timing, distributor changes  and a number of other things

I've got a fair collections of Emission system books of the time period both Ford and from the other companies whoo's books were used for repair and testing of the systems by different states 
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

shelbymann1970

Quote from: J_Speegle on December 29, 2021, 04:17:07 PM
Agree the system was referred to as IMCO or Improved Combustion Exhaust Emission Control Systems. Something that was introduced in 67 and has its changes through the early 70's. Included things like air cleaner design, intake design changes (in some cars), timing, distributor changes  and a number of other things

I've got a fair collections of Emission system books of the time period both Ford and from the other companies whoo's books were used for repair and testing of the systems by different states
My 1970 GT350 4 speed non air car has the 1970 ED distributor and also what I think is the original vacuum advance based on the patina when I bought the car in 1985. The vacuum advance is a dual where all 1969 351Ws got a single whether a manual or automatic. I don't recall an answer on this or how I come about any schematics on the dual vacuum hoses although I knew where to connect them. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)