News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

GT500 Hemmings MM article

Started by JD, December 29, 2021, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD

Any one know the car number for this Hemming Muscle Machines article and MACAN winner?  Article says it was completed at Shelby in mid-May.

Congrat's to the owner in Virginia !

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

GT350DAVE

Support the SAAC Registry

Bossbill

Bill

67 GT350 Actual Build 3/2/67  01375
70 B302   6/6/70  0T02G160xxx

gt350cs

Dave, The license plate indicates that this is #742 as you stated. It was sold through Holiday Ford, Sunnyvale, CA.

oldcanuck

Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

Bossbill

Quote from: oldcanuck on December 31, 2021, 10:00:25 AM
Quote from: Bossbill on December 30, 2021, 03:54:42 PM
And that color is?

Looks like lime gold .......

I was being sarcastic. Guess I missed.
The top right inset in the top pic shows what looks like true Lime Gold.
The car in the larger part of the frame is many shades off of Lime Gold.

This looks fairly close to taking the original formula and attempting to use that exact formula and substitute today's colors into that mix. Ask the many hundred dollars can of paint on my shelf how that worked.

A friend took the front valance from my Calypso Coral Boss and did a color match (using the paint shop camera). They painted the car with this match and it turned out looking pink.
Bill

67 GT350 Actual Build 3/2/67  01375
70 B302   6/6/70  0T02G160xxx

shelbydoug

Quote from: Bossbill on December 31, 2021, 03:25:50 PM
Quote from: oldcanuck on December 31, 2021, 10:00:25 AM
Quote from: Bossbill on December 30, 2021, 03:54:42 PM
And that color is?

Looks like lime gold .......

I was being sarcastic. Guess I missed.
The top right inset in the top pic shows what looks like true Lime Gold.
The car in the larger part of the frame is many shades off of Lime Gold.

This looks fairly close to taking the original formula and attempting to use that exact formula and substitute today's colors into that mix. Ask the many hundred dollars can of paint on my shelf how that worked.

A friend took the front valance from my Calypso Coral Boss and did a color match (using the paint shop camera). They painted the car with this match and it turned out looking pink.

The computer is stupid. It needs to be color blended by a real living artist. The only thing is that in many cases, the paint doesn't always match ORIGINALLY.

If you take the lower valance and lay it on the roof, I'll bet that you can see the difference?  ;)

Therefore you need to make some sort of a compromise and agree on a color as close enough.

Reds are about $360 a gallon now, or were last fall.  ::)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

ward gappa

This vehicle is #742. We discovered it and purchased it for our customer in March 2014. It had been sitting in the same location at a residence in Redwood City California since late 1969.

The enclosed photos were taken on 3-26-2014, the day we initially inspected it at second owner's Redwood City home.  In late 1969, the original California pink slip was executed by the original owner, but never transferred into the second owner's name. We purchased the vehicle from the second owner's estate.

ward gappa

More photos taken on 3-26-2014 when we first inspected #742.

ward gappa

More photos of #742's original components and restoration can be checked out at www.qualitymusclecarrestorations.com under the "Restoration Projects" heading.

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

101hornets

Very interesting. Plates show first calif registration year in 1968 and was a non emissions car. I wonder how they registered it without passing the calif emissions testing and physical verification of emissions equipment on the car that started in 1966?  If I'm not mistaken #742 has a 2536 DSO which came with the non emissions 400F package- no thermactor.  I know the DMV guys have made mistakes when doing their visual inspections during registration process- at least they did mine back in 1983. My car #636 was a DSO 2538 402F package originally but my smog stuff was in a box in the trunk and I waffled my way past his curious mind and I was able to register it without it on the car. Lucky me I guess. Regardless, I wonder how many 400F packages were sold and registered in California?

ward gappa

This vehicle was delivered to the original owner with a smog and emission equipment installed. The teenage original owner removed all of these parts probably within a few days of its purchase. For this vehicle's restoration we located all needed parts in original or NOS form. All smog pump items were missing except for the pump bracket. One part had to be fabricated. Bob Gaines assisted us with some items. Jeff Speegle assisted with providing invaluable insight into what parts were missing. Brian Styles provided the paper work verify that #742 left the San Jose plant with smog equipment installed.

gt350cs

My car #816 was one of these as well and also sold through Holiday Ford - Sunnyvale, CA. It was part of the Pico Rivera Inventory cars.