Author Topic: Did the Shelby American Museum in Boulder escape the fires?  (Read 1590 times)

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Did the Shelby American Museum in Boulder escape the fires?
« on: January 02, 2022, 09:43:29 AM »
Sure hope so. Over 1,000 homes destroyed and now, snow and freezing temps make it worse. :(
5S071, 6S1467

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Did the Shelby American Museum in Boulder escape the fires?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 10:12:36 AM »

The burned areas of Boulder are actually Southeast of the museum so I'm hopeful they were unaffected.

67411F--0100-ENG.

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2022, 12:26:11 PM »
Hello,

The Shelby American Collection was open for business as usual yesterday.  The fires were approximately 15-20 miles south-southeast of where the museum is located.

Thanks,
Eric

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2022, 01:08:14 PM »
Whew….good news.

Cobrask8

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2022, 02:12:06 PM »
Good to hear. I have alot of family out there, it has been nuts. One Cousin had a "Boogie Bag" ready to go, but so far, no fires too close.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2022, 03:22:23 PM »
I've got friends that live there that want me to move there.

They got married there on a mountaintop at 12,000 feet and cautioned everyone about oxygen depletion.

I was concerned about manic weather changes in the area. Nah. Can't be. ;)

You CAN have a fireproof building but it can turn into an oven and cook everything inside.

I'm glad for the museum, but sad for the 1,000 or was it 10,000 homes gone up in smoke.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2022, 10:11:19 AM »
We have friends, a younger couple with two small children, who moved to the Denver area a couple of years ago.  He took a job with a large bank, pulling in what he thought was a good salary. They initially rented so they could decide on where they wanted to buy...until they discovered they couldn't afford anything that was worth buying.  Seems that the influx from Kalifornika has been driving prices through the roof.  They decided to move back here (He took a similar position with another bank), bought a nice home and are much happier.
5S071, 6S1467

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2022, 11:22:50 AM »
We have friends, a younger couple with two small children, who moved to the Denver area a couple of years ago.  He took a job with a large bank, pulling in what he thought was a good salary. They initially rented so they could decide on where they wanted to buy...until they discovered they couldn't afford anything that was worth buying.  Seems that the influx from Kalifornika has been driving prices through the roof.  They decided to move back here (He took a similar position with another bank), bought a nice home and are much happier.
If  you do a little research you will see many states but the most is from Calif and right behind is Texas  and then Florida.The 3 biggest states that new residents came from(last count 1 democratic and 2 Republican so you can leave your politics out of it) Colorado Springs(where my bro has lived since getting out of the Air Force in 1986) has the highest jump in the country when it comes to property values going up. What some fail to realize is the property mgt companies going into areas and making them hotter buying up the properties to rent out hence driving many out. last month I actually researched it and found a good piece from a site offering insight on the CS market and buying there as an investment.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 11:26:08 AM by shelbymann1970 »
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2022, 12:51:18 PM »
Prayers to all affected
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy