News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Does this look familiar?

Started by shelbydoug, January 06, 2022, 11:56:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

I think this orange looks very much like the '68 Shelby color? Possibly one of the special oranges?

What do you think?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

67 GT350

That is beautiful....is it yours?
RARE  Signature Delete

shelbydoug

No. Mine is red. This guy is trying to find out what color this is.

I think it is one of the three Special Orange Ford colors.

It seems too light for the Competition Orange but there are two lighter color ones used on special paint '68s. I think the '69 Grabber Orange is darker.

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bill

If that is the car in NJ, it is Grabber Orange, 1 of I think 3 or 4 produced in that color, 72 & 73.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

FL SAAC

Definitely orange and it's beautiful  !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

TA Coupe

More Than likely Grabber Orange. A friend had a Grabber Blue one.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

honker

Is the car in your image in Poland ? Or are you using that image for reference ?

Seems he's been looking for a while, if it's the car and colour discussed in this thread. Hope he finds the code.

Scroll up to the top, thread opens at the bottom.

https://pantera.infopop.cc/topic/74-pantera-orange-paint-color-code?reply=21173638019194215#21173638019194215

There should be a paint tag like this, in the front trunk area, I'm not sure if it's on '74 cars, or special order paint cars, as noted by

Bill in reply #3  ?

shelbydoug

The code is identified in the Pantera paint code which is now obsolete and can't be transferred to a current code.

It struck me as looking like Competition Orange, which has various names. There were three oranges that I saw when I was the '68 registrars but they never had names, just numbers.

I have no idea if it is in Poland or where it might be. Just trying to shed light on the issue.

I currently have "Factory matched" Wimbelton white it two stage. It's off "just" a little.

I had left over Pantera Res #2 in Ditzler from '86 or so. I saved it for the formula. When I brought it to my guy, he didn't want to laugh but was very upset in telling me the current reality.

It turns out that Guards Red will pass for it. Just don't tell anyone.  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bill

Quote from: shelbydoug on January 06, 2022, 07:35:29 PM
The code is identified in the Pantera paint code which is now obsolete and can't be transferred to a current code.

It struck me as looking like Competition Orange, which has various names. There were three oranges that I saw when I was the '68 registrars but they never had names, just numbers.

I have no idea if it is in Poland or where it might be. Just trying to shed light on the issue.

I currently have "Factory matched" Wimbelton white it two stage. It's off "just" a little.

I had left over Pantera Res #2 in Ditzler from '86 or so. I saved it for the formula. When I brought it to my guy, he didn't want to laugh but was very upset in telling me the current reality.

It turns out that Guards Red will pass for it. Just don't tell anyone.  ;)

With the paint code, a single stage (polyurethane) or a base/clear can be mixed with modern components. I have the modern version of the original Grabber Orange (BC/CC). It took us (paint tech rep and myself) a full day to find the match for the original paint under the fenders and original stripes. I figured I went through $600 in raw material to finally have a proper spray out card that matched.....See attached (disregard date shown, mix was 2012)...

Bill

PS: RHF75 was for that days specific humidity level measured in the booth the day I sprayed. Everything above it must be followed to the 1/10th of a gram. Any deviation will change the color/hue, yes, really.

Grumpy

In 1974 ish there was a new orange one at a Lincoln/Mercury dealer in Portsmouth, NH. I thought about it for a day or to. Just wasn't my kinda car.  ;)

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

Bill

Quote from: gt350shelb on January 07, 2022, 06:17:20 PM
school bus yellow

That is what the "Color Eye" (laser sampler) told me the original formula was  ::)

Happy New Year to you and Deb

Bill