News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

shelby # 1444 ?, one in chicago, race car

Started by Harris Speedster, January 07, 2022, 02:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 427heaven on January 15, 2022, 11:46:51 AM
Looking at the previous owners statement # 101 from 2019, he purchased the decklid, hoses, scoops, etc. There is the clue... that SHELBY parts were added by him. I dont see any pop rivet holes in the side scoop location, should of had them from factory. No reason to put hood pins in side scoops.. No reason to access this area. He states the rear end has the 67 Shelby rearend with the plug? All 67 s have the plug. Did 350s get the spec third member?
67 lower side scoops were not put on with pop rivets that was 66. The plug in the 9 inch housing was a early later 67 production transitional thing . Your correct the plug is not Shelby unique and was on all Mustang nine inch housings of the time frame.The plug went away sometime in may/june 67 plus or minus time frame according to factory documents. Not to say it is a absolute but the 67 GT350 did not typically get a spec case .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

svt

i love fords and shelby's, always have. i saw the youtube video(dont care to comment on that) but it did get me to wondering is #1444 different then the other shelbys? why is everyone looking for it? thanks for indulging an old man's curiosity.

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: svt on January 15, 2022, 03:53:25 PM
i love fords and shelby's, always have. i saw the youtube video(dont care to comment on that) but it did get me to wondering is #1444 different then the other shelbys? why is everyone looking for it? thanks for indulging an old man's curiosity.
When trying to create history - pick a car that has been missing a loooong time. 1444 has been a no show since 67 so there is zero history known, good or bad. Less chance of it showing up. A major problem with this car it seems that 1444 was not white and it was built far after the date codes on the sheet metal of this car.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Bob Gaines

No one is particularly looking for it . There is nothing out of the ordinary about that numbered Shelby however in the registry 1444 is listed as "owner and present location unknown" . That makes it convenient for those who want to make up a story to use it as a "eureka" we found it moment .  Many numb nuts out there think they are the first ones to think of that angle . ::) This is not the first time a car with a Shelby VIN listed that way turns up as "found" and most likely not be the last. The valuable work of the SAAC 67 Registrar in this case and astute forum members sharing details have disproved many a sellers story. No good deed goes unpunished because many times some of those same people are labeled mean, jealous, nosey or picky for pointing out the BS .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

My new 1967 Registry says that it was white?

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Coralsnake on January 15, 2022, 04:24:31 PM
My new 1967 Registry says that it was white?
In the earlier discussion the owner related the VIN on the trans was checked with the Registrar and found not to have been from a white car and that the registrar would not share additional information about the car or SA VIN beyond that it was produced later than the sheet metal dates of the mystery car. 
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Bigfoot

Quote from: Bob Gaines on January 15, 2022, 04:12:25 PM
No one is particularly looking for it . There is nothing out of the ordinary about that numbered Shelby however in the registry 1444 is listed as "owner and present location unknown" . That makes it convenient for those who want to make up a story to use it as a "eureka" we found it moment .  Many numb nuts out there think they are the first ones to think of that angle . ::) This is not the first time a car with a Shelby VIN listed that way turns up as "found" and most likely not be the last. The valuable work of the SAAC 67 Registrar in this case and astute forum members sharing details have disproved many a sellers story. No good deed goes unpunished because many times some of those same people are labeled mean, jealous, nosey or picky for pointing out the BS .

Some of what Bob said made me laugh out loud. Thank you.
And of course,..thnx to Dave Mathews and all the other knowledgeable sleuths!
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

NukeGT

A different YouTuber has a sensible discussion on this car from general drag racing knowledge perspective. 

https://youtu.be/lT6sL_d8S20

gt350hr

Read reply #42 on page three , it reads like the video you linked above. The major difference is I was THERE in the day and know what was legal and not legal back then. I am also well versed in AHRA as I ran one of my Shelbys in AHRA.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

FL SAAC

Very diplomatic, but seems very honest fellow. No vin, no tags, just a mustang. Keeps mentioning 67 car and that's a good assumption,  not Shelby but mustang type car.

Shows picture of car in 2019 (black) and how it transform itself to the current image (white)

This takes you to another step beyond bamboozlement

Quote from: NukeGT on January 18, 2022, 01:38:36 PM
A different YouTuber has a sensible discussion on this car from general drag racing knowledge perspective. 

https://youtu.be/lT6sL_d8S20
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

gt350hr

BTW that front wheel was from '70 IIRC , not '69. Spindle mount American magnesium.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

crecenciotours

Have always loved shelby's. There is no better car than this beauty. Tbh, I've been dreaming of buying it since I was a kid. I hope my dream is about to come true soon. My friend from JDMbuysell has found a reliable dealer who's gonna sell me that beauty. I can hardly wait for the day I'll take a ride. Btw, do any of you own a shelby? How do you like it? I'd be really grateful if you shared some pics with us. I'm curious to see what you've got. So, waiting for your replies, folks. Best wishes!

Coralsnake

Good luck! Hopefully you get it for half price  ;D

427hunter

Quote from: Coralsnake on September 13, 2022, 07:45:13 PM
Good luck! Hopefully you get it for half price  ;D

How much is half of nothing worth?
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years