Author Topic: shelby # 1444 ?, one in chicago, race car  (Read 14323 times)

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
Re: shelby # 1444 ?, one in chicago, race car
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2022, 05:43:04 PM »
So it’s got a genuine Ford Q code vin on the tranny,but it’s not the right vin for the car they are claiming this is?So presumingly the ONLY vin on the entire car isn’t for THIS car?!?! :oMy head hurts….

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2022, 07:29:47 PM »
   No it's a K code , Q is a 500 trans.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2022, 07:41:29 PM »
Right,forgot it was a small block…

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2022, 07:28:51 AM »
Being that this society has gotten soooo  progressive,  maybe this car identifies as a shelby when it's certainly not

Food for thought

Like we previously stated:

So after viewing the video production and reading all the comments, the only vin number is on a transmission?

If that is so, we can summarize this find in one sentence :

There is truly no way to authenticate this car.

Only the trans is verifiable - and he indicates in his earlier posts that the 67 Registrar has told him it's out of a later built car than this shell and that the car it is from was not white.
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2022, 08:41:28 AM »
I often wonder why old men want to argue and fight over things they love? Possibly social seclusion, senility, lack of testosterone, and a host of other reasons. Its a great beginning of a Hot Street car or race car ,thats all. Everything else is the FULL PINNOCHIO a real whopper... the oldies would say! :-[

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2022, 10:28:07 AM »
  It's all about the money.

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2022, 01:31:44 PM »
  It's all about the money.
And in 2-3 years when this thread is a distant memory that car will cross the block as 1444 and all these "maybe and coulda" comments will be listed in the description as facts. It only takes 2 suckers to accept them as facts and then argue the value out with their wallets.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2022, 01:37:38 PM »
My group refers now to that car, as the PHONY PONY... I hope some solid info shows up to confirm things, but NOTHING seems to fit.

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2022, 03:00:54 PM »
  Especially after the front end  is fixed LOL

tesgt350

• View Profile
    • BLACK HAT PERFORMANCE
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2022, 10:33:03 PM »

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2022, 11:05:02 PM »
Funniest line in the whole article - the only PROVEN part is the trans. Green side vents point more to being pieced together from the hoarders parts pile than rolling out of Shelby American

Every part of this car can trace roots back to Shelby, right down to little details such as the side vents that came off of a green GT350 and other small body panels.

There is some truth in the end - but why was 1444 "famous"? And why did the guy he bought it from already debunk that it was 1444? # on trans was not from 1444. I wonder if 1444 was green? Maybe then the scoops and trans are from the same car.

It is worth pointing out that a lot of this is simply speculation, and the guys don't have a bulletproof way of proving that the car is what they think it is, but one significant guess might shock you. It is believed that this is the famous #1444 car that went missing in 1967, which would make it one of the coolest finds ever to be discovered.

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2022, 11:05:18 PM »
Well, He's getting Traction........

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/man-solved-mystery-missing-1444-223000574.html

When will it end   ::)

Love this bit - must be an expert

"Under the car, you won't find very much rubber, so it is doubtful that this car ran down the drag strip, but we do know that it was featured in the IHRA(International Hot Rod Association). On the windshield, you'll find a sticker that classifies the car as an FF/X racer, which helps trace the car back to its roots in motorsport. Speaking of the windshield, this is one piece of the car that we can say is not stock as the Lexan glass that initially came in the car was broken clean in half for one reason or another. This clear window contrasted the blue back window and made for a relaxed aesthetic."

Must have missed the IRHA documents and not sure what "featured" means in the context of 60's racing if it never ran. Maybe I missed something in print on one of the other dozen writers who have grabbed on to the story on the web

RELAXING AESTHETIC!! Hope the the writer was trying to be witty or just silly. Know that when my family and friends built drag cars "relaxing" and "aesthetics" were very important  :o  Yea right!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 11:07:16 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2022, 11:20:02 PM »
"Under the car, you won't find very much rubber, so it is doubtful that this car ran down the drag strip, but we do know that it was featured in the IHRA(International Hot Rod Association). On the windshield, you'll find a sticker that classifies the car as an FF/X racer, which helps trace the car back to its roots in motorsport. Speaking of the windshield, this is one piece of the car that we can say is not stock as the Lexan glass that initially came in the car was broken clean in half for one reason or another. This clear window contrasted the blue back window and made for a relaxed aesthetic."

The owner said it NEVER raced due to rules changes - built 69 stored in 70. Proof "it's roots in motorsports" are just some tape numbers added to a recently installed windshield.

I notice now they have attributed it to a builder because it looks like something he'd build. I saw a lot of guys duplicate what they saw on winning cars but couldn't afford the pro shop to get it done.

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2022, 11:27:07 PM »
Hotrod Hoarder take on this car.
https://youtu.be/lT6sL_d8S20
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2022, 11:46:51 AM »
Looking at the previous owners statement # 101 from 2019, he purchased the decklid, hoses, scoops, etc. There is the clue... that SHELBY parts were added by him. I dont see any pop rivet holes in the side scoop location, should of had them from factory. No reason to put hood pins in side scoops.. No reason to access this area. He states the rear end has the 67 Shelby rearend with the plug? All 67 s have the plug. Did 350s get the spec third member?