News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Shifter install

Started by corbins, January 09, 2022, 02:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corbins

So I was given this plate and this shifter to install in the 69 SCJ I've been working on. However , I cannot find two plate holes , threaded or un-threaded that the shifter will line up with. Am I looking at incompatible components? Top loader of course.
Thanks

Bob Gaines

Quote from: corbins on January 09, 2022, 02:57:11 PM
So I was given this plate and this shifter to install in the 69 SCJ I've been working on. However , I cannot find two plate holes , threaded or un-threaded that the shifter will line up with. Am I looking at incompatible components? Top loader of course.
Thanks
It looks like a Ford shifter adapter plate. Ford shifter is used in 69/70 Shelby and 69 Mustang. If you want to use a Hurst shifter you use a hurst shifter adapter plate.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

corbins

Thanks... this is the shifter pic

Bob Gaines

Quote from: corbins on January 09, 2022, 04:16:22 PM
Thanks... this is the shifter pic
That is not a Ford shifter. It is a Hurst shifter control.  The bolt pattern of the Ford adapter plate does not match the Hurst shifter control. Getting  a Hurst adaptor plate would be the easiest way to solve the current problem IMO. Once you get the corresponding adapter plate and try to mount it you may find that the shifter control handle does not sit perfectly in the hole which requires cutting of the tunnel . I hope that is not the case here. It all depends on the application of the shifter control originally from Hurst. You will certainly know for sure when it is mounted to the Hurst adapter plate.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

corbins

Thanks Bob.  Ive let the owner know we need another plate.