News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Project GT350 values

Started by mustang6473, January 10, 2022, 11:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6473

I know this is somewhat a protected or taboo topic, but what can you expect to pay for barn find or complete project 65 GT350?  Any still available around $100k ? Or are we thinking double that figure? Any recent found projects selling for more then that range? Please feel free to email me directly at mustang6473@msn.com with your input and/or opinions if you don't wish to share publicly.  Thanks for everyone's information.

J_Speegle

Been seeing non-carry over 66's bring that much in general term. As we know their is likely non "average" Shelby's out there
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

Quote from: mustang6473 on January 10, 2022, 11:23:20 PM
I know this is somewhat a protected or taboo topic, but what can you expect to pay for barn find or complete project 65 GT350?  Any still available around $100k ? Or are we thinking double that figure? Any recent found projects selling for more then that range? Please feel free to email me directly at mustang6473@msn.com with your input and/or opinions if you don't wish to share publicly.  Thanks for everyone's information.
I'll take 10 at those prices. Seriously only if you find one where the seller doesn't know what they have or are not up with selling prices . Obviously smoking deals still happen as Matt can attest to. Super deals don't happen often if at all for most of us. Based on you query respectfully you need to do your research and familiarize yourself with current restored selling prices and costs for complete restorations. By knowing (guesstimating)how much you will have in a car vs the typical selling price you can recognize a good deal and stay away from a bad one when you hear about it. You have to be prepared to jump because the good deals frequently seem to come at inopportune times and there always seems like there is someone else ready to step in if you don't.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

CharlesTurner

High 200's - low 300's will get you a decent project, mostly complete based on a few cars I have seen over the past 12-18 months.

Prices can vary some when considering Venice cars, trunk mount battery, later front mount battery.  LeMans/Cragars factor in some also.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

GT350Lad

I'll advance Bob and take 20 at that price. I would go so far to say that a good project 66 with good metal and original parts is pushing into the 100-150+ mark now.
It's just how it is

Best of luck
6S373
6S1276

camp upshur

A couple years ago I gave serious thought to quietly selling my 65 and floated the topic w a few of the credible guys who put deals together.
The car is a two owner, steel wheel, day two car. Driver. Rough. 80s autocross/ club racer trim. Boss302/toploader/nodular w original drivetrain provided.
Needed complete $$$ resto to come close to an auction queen, of which the ingredients were there.
I was overwhelmed by the offers. So much so that the 'delta' of a quality resto would have exceeded the lofty prices we see cross the block (?).
That pretty much killed the idea of a sale and may be illuminative of why there really are no 65s 'for sale' (save these stunning improbable stories).

Shelby4Life

I'd seriously consider throwing some money at a 65, but the ones I've seen for sale over the last few years are museum pieces. I want a driver. Yes, I'd welcome any leads.
1967 Sprint 289 Auto, Deluxe, AC.
1967 S Code GTA Deluxe, AC.
2004 Gated 6-speed Ferrari 360.

Kent

And I take 37 R Models for that price range  ;D
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Dsten

A few drivers left out there ...

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert