News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Stolen 1967 GT500 Tulsa OK area

Started by Royce Peterson, January 13, 2022, 09:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Royce Peterson

Maybe this needs to be screaming yellow alert?

Tulsa Police say someone stole a rare 1967 Shelby Mustang GT 500 outside downtown in the Pearl District on January 7th.
-It's valued are more than $200,000.
- The car has a 4 speed manual transmission and a fairly loud exhaust.
-It  has a black interior and fancy aftermarket gauges.
-It also has a voodoo camshaft sticker (a skull with the word Voodoo underneath) on the rear spoiler.
-Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 918-596-COPS.
-You can remain anonymous.

1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

Bill

Quote from: Royce Peterson on January 13, 2022, 09:13:03 AM
Maybe this needs to be screaming yellow alert?

Tulsa Police say someone stole a rare 1967 Shelby Mustang GT 500 outside downtown in the Pearl District on January 7th.
-It's valued are more than $200,000.
- The car has a 4 speed manual transmission and a fairly loud exhaust.
-It  has a black interior and fancy aftermarket gauges.
-It also has a voodoo camshaft sticker (a skull with the word Voodoo underneath) on the rear spoiler.
-Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 918-596-COPS.
-You can remain anonymous.

Royce,

Saw this earlier today on facebook.

1st: The car is a clone, and not an original
2nd: Without the VIN posted, the police, in my opinion, are looking at a host of issues due to lack of clarification without the VIN.
3rd: While the 200K is subjective, having that out there makes me believe something else is afoot.

Again just my personal two cents worth, as is everything else outside of the classifieds subforum for which I moderate.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Royce Peterson

News to me - I was forwarded the info.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

tesgt350

Well,it may be insured for 200k,so.........

Side-Oilers

Interesting door handles.  1971 full-size Ford?
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

J_Speegle

Quote from: Side-Oilers on January 13, 2022, 06:26:08 PM
Interesting door handles.  1971 full-size Ford?

Or possibly from 71-3 Mustang/Cougars

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

shelbydoug

How is it that counterfeits are valued higher then real ones?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Quote from: shelbydoug on January 13, 2022, 07:15:01 PM
How is it that counterfeits are valued higher then real ones?
.   Blame "Eleanor"....... 8)

kkupec02

Value seems high, but if insured for stated amount, insurance company loses
1967 GT500 #817
1967 Corvette Roadster

vtgt500

Along these lines, what is my greatest theft threat, hot wire or car hauler/wrecker?  We have no restrictions against concealed carry.  Car events double as a gun show.  But staying at motels in small towns worries me.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: vtgt500 on January 13, 2022, 09:26:11 PM
Along these lines, what is my greatest theft threat, hot wire or car hauler/wrecker?  We have no restrictions against concealed carry.  Car events double as a gun show.  But staying at motels in small towns worries me.
Enclosed trailers provide some cover for High value Shelby's compared to letting them set out in the open. Plain non descriptive trailer exterior is safer compared to the ones that the owner foolishly IMO makes into a moving menu with details ,pictures etc.of what is inside.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

BGlover67

Quote from: Bob Gaines on January 13, 2022, 09:48:10 PM
Quote from: vtgt500 on January 13, 2022, 09:26:11 PM
Enclosed trailers provide some cover for High value Shelby's compared to letting them set out in the open. Plain non descriptive trailer exterior is safer compared to the ones that the owner foolishly IMO makes into a moving menu with details ,pictures etc.of what is inside.

Can you guess what's inside this one?  Steal me!
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

427Larry

Bob is so right. My friend has a picture of his Cobra on the ramp door, and the sides of his enclosed trailer. I said to him, do you really think that is smart. I would never do that, in cognito.

shelbydoug

Use an unmarked enclosed trailer and put shovels, rakes and other yard tools in racks on the outside.

It will look like a landscapers trailer as long as you aren't pulling it with a Lincoln Navigator.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!