News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

70 GT-500 deck lid rubber bumpers.

Started by 1970boss, January 10, 2022, 08:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970boss

I'm hoping someone can give me a source for the correct part for a 70 GT-500 2 rubber pieces that goes in each corner. Thanks

J_Speegle

You might recognize them from their application at the front of the car and from Mustangs

Believe reproductions are available through most of the retailers. Don't get sucked into buying the NOS service part with the phillips head in the top/middle

If you look hard you may be able to find some originals in good condition that can be refurbished and reused
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

1970boss

Great Jeff, thanks
Just wanted to make sure I had the right ones. Since the Shelby is the only 69/70 using these what is the actual purpose? My guess is to keep the trunk lid tight with no rattles?

J_Speegle

Quote from: 1970boss on January 11, 2022, 08:23:15 AM
Great Jeff, thanks
Just wanted to make sure I had the right ones. Since the Shelby is the only 69/70 using these what is the actual purpose? My guess is to keep the trunk lid tight with no rattles?

Well it may have also served to allow some adjustment to the height/fit also  or maybe that was just a bonus in some situations. The positive difference from bumpers used on some Mustangs is that these were adjustable were the others were not
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

1970boss

Jeff, yes that sounds right. Do you know if there were any flat or lock washers in between the 2 nuts? I'm guessing there was. Thanks for all the info on this topic.

SCJSTU

My Jan 69 built GT350 convertible had one in the drivers side corner and I took it off....

There was not one on passenger side

Should I put it back on?

Was it used maybe to line the trunk lid up?

Trunk seems to fit fine
1969 Shelby GT350 convertible 4 speed/ AC
Built Jan 1969 Red/Black

1967 S-Code 4 spd Black/Parchment
2004 Mustang Mach 1
1956 Ford F-100 Big Window 392 Hemi
1957 F-100 Fridge
1963 Falcon Ranchero
1961 Econoline PU
1961 Falcon 2 dr wagon
1970 Challenger R/T vert 4 speed
1970 Chevy Blazer 2WD

J_Speegle

Quote from: 1970boss on January 12, 2022, 09:40:27 AM
Jeff, yes that sounds right. Do you know if there were any flat or lock washers in between the 2 nuts? I'm guessing there was. Thanks for all the info on this topic.

If I recall correctly two flat washers on both sides of the sheet metal and just one jamb nut from each side to hold adjustment

1970boss

1970boss

Jeff, installed the bumpers and here is the finished product. Thanks again for the help, Bob