News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

9F02R480464 on BAT

Started by 5s386, January 17, 2022, 08:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5s386

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1969-ford-shelby-gt-500/

Let the comments begin. I'm going to hold back my thoughts for awhile.

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

And a lovely color combination.Appears to have been some rust damage perhaps.

Survivor

Another seller/listing that has not, cannot or just won't verify matching number w/ pics.  Also, given the amount of panel replacement and overall rust repair, I would have listed the name and contact number of the shop that did the work.  Full disclosure with a car of this pedigree can only help it's chances at auction.  Without all of that info., just not sure on this one.       

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Survivor on January 18, 2022, 10:32:27 AM
Another seller/listing that has not, cannot or just won't verify matching number w/ pics.  Also, given the amount of panel replacement and overall rust repair, I would have listed the name and contact number of the shop that did the work.  Full disclosure with a car of this pedigree can only help it's chances at auction.  Without all of that info., just not sure on this one.       
At least it is better than the vast majority of cars for sale where the seller claims to never  know "what work" was done on their cars. "It was done before I bought it". With the engine out it would have been real easy to document numbers. His engine stamp is blurry and the "8" looks clear but others I cannot tell.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

5s386

SOLD FOR $92,000.  Plus 5% BAT buyer fee. Seller did a good job, and seems very happy for this price.