News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Beginning of the end for combustion engines...

Started by BGlover67, January 23, 2022, 02:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Don Johnston

Wait, what?  This is not April 1st and a message from Kopec?   8)

deathsled

What?  Lamborghini?  Huh?  The push toward electric is baffling to me as electric is not as green as those with green megaphones would have us believe.  I persist that hydrogen will eventually win the day.  Electric will run its course and when we run out of the needed materials that power EVs, then begins the transition to hydrogen power.  Who knows though.  That is my projection.  I could be 100 percent wrong if they make a breakthrough in charging technology and so on.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Don Johnston

Quote from: deathsled on January 23, 2022, 04:45:50 PM
What?  Lamborghini?  Huh?  The push toward electric is baffling to me as electric is not as green as those with green megaphones would have us believe.  I persist that hydrogen will eventually win the day.  Electric will run its course and when we run out of the needed materials that power EVs, then begins the transition to hydrogen power.  Who knows though.  That is my projection.  I could be 100 percent wrong if they make a breakthrough in charging technology and so on.
+1

honker

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

mark p

What?  Lamborghini?  Huh?  The push toward electric is baffling to me as electric is not as green as those with green megaphones would have us believe.  I persist that hydrogen will eventually win the day.  [Battery?] Electric will run its course and when we run out of the needed materials that power EVs, then begins the transition to hydrogen power.  Who knows though...

And - the other question (the elephant in the room?) remains - how is enough green/renewable/clean power going to be generated to supply ALL transportation (yeah, what about all of those 18-wheelers carrying everything), ALL heating/cooling, ALL manufacturing, etc, etc????? We'll leave the ships, planes, and trains out of it for now.
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

98SVT - was 06GT

Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

deathsled

Quote from: mark p on January 24, 2022, 12:40:07 PM
What?  Lamborghini?  Huh?  The push toward electric is baffling to me as electric is not as green as those with green megaphones would have us believe.  I persist that hydrogen will eventually win the day.  [Battery?] Electric will run its course and when we run out of the needed materials that power EVs, then begins the transition to hydrogen power.  Who knows though...

And - the other question (the elephant in the room?) remains - how is enough green/renewable/clean power going to be generated to supply ALL transportation (yeah, what about all of those 18-wheelers carrying everything), ALL heating/cooling, ALL manufacturing, etc, etc????? We'll leave the ships, planes, and trains out of it for now.
Precisely.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"