News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1965-1966 Door Hinge mounting plates thin and thick- whats the difference

Started by cboss70, January 24, 2022, 08:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cboss70

I was going to put the doors on a 66 mustang I have and when I looked at my bin of mounting plates that sit in the pillar where you bolt the hinges through I remembered there were two different plates used but don't know for what timelines. Essentially there are thinner door mount plates that use the three smaller 3/8 bolt holes and there are thicker plates with bigger bolt holes.  Is this a early versus late 64.5-66 thing?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: cboss70 on January 24, 2022, 08:05:17 AM
I was going to put the doors on a 66 mustang I have and when I looked at my bin of mounting plates that sit in the pillar where you bolt the hinges through I remembered there were two different plates used but don't know for what timelines. Essentially there are thinner door mount plates that use the three smaller 3/8 bolt holes and there are thicker plates with bigger bolt holes.  Is this a early versus late 64.5-66 thing?
More 65 vs 66 thing
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

corbins