Author Topic: This is a sad day for Shelby owners  (Read 4082 times)

DC-DD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
This is a sad day for Shelby owners
« on: January 24, 2022, 12:57:15 PM »

Look what we now have .

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: This is a sad day for Shelby owners
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2022, 02:09:09 PM »
Yes, truly a sad day :0(

Hope they didn't release this on his birthday earlier this month!
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

427street

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2022, 02:18:51 PM »
Is it April Fool's Day already????????

Cheers
Greg

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2022, 02:29:33 PM »
Where have you been? They introed it at SEMA. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88q1JUKzCHw
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2022, 02:51:03 PM »

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2022, 03:02:15 PM »
Looks like a Prius  with a ZORO stripe. :-[

68countrysedan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2022, 03:51:52 PM »
Ugh.

Begin with EVs are an answer to a misunderstood question.

In profile, the Mach-E could be a Telsa, Honda, or Buick. IMHO car has no styling identity other than a generic CUV.

The video was borderline lame-o. There could have been more drive-by scenes, not to mention longer tracking shots to show the car exterior. Plus I would be curious to see interior features. Instead, it mainly consists of two old guys talking about it while puttering down the road. Not only that, but the driver sure liked to leave his hands off the wheel while on the road. Can a autonomous driving Shelby be far behind?

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2022, 04:43:10 PM »
The video was borderline lame-o. There could have been more drive-by scenes, not to mention longer tracking shots to show the car exterior. Plus I would be curious to see interior features. Instead, it mainly consists of two old guys talking about it while puttering down the road. Not only that, but the driver sure liked to leave his hands off the wheel while on the road. Can a autonomous driving Shelby be far behind?
That was the first public drive of the prototype - the day after SEMA. I linked it because it had reference to CS and his powertrain thoughts. A lot of things are still evolving as he mentioned it's still a year away. They also talked about having to add a bodyline to the blob.
I'm a V8 guy who has owned an EV. While I'll never own another. It is where the future is headed due to .gov intervention in the auto industry and the bogus global warming agenda that EVs actually contribute to far more than they will admit.

PS: Electric cars are a 100+ year old idea. In 1902 Studebaker realized the market was dying for it's Conestoga and Prairie Schooner wagon business so they started building an electric car.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studebaker_Electric
Electric actually made more sense at the time. There were a lot more places with electricity than gas pumps. That is again starting to be the case as gas stations are closing and you can charge you car at home. 

PS - I feel safe with either of those 2 old guys (Rick Titus or Gary Paterson) taking their hands off the steering wheel. In my old age I've become picky of who I ride with, particularly in a fast car. I've been well over 160 with Rick in his Ford GT and everything was fine. While Vince does most of the testing and development driving at SA Gary is no slouch behind the wheel.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2022, 05:37:41 PM »
Another  3 - H award candidate
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

Grumpy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2022, 08:17:41 PM »
Do I dare ask ...How much HP ???  :o

68stangcjfb

• SAAC Member
  • Long Island New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2022, 08:38:14 PM »
Who started the black wheel thing? I Hate Black Wheels! Chrome Baby! At least they weren't dumb enough to call it the EV500!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 08:42:33 PM by 68stangcjfb »
68 1/2 CJ Mustang GT FB auto 3.91s 68 1/2 CJ Torino GT FB 3.91s 60 Thunderbird 64 Falcon Sprint conv. 4Spd 65 Falcon Sedan Delivery 67 Fairlane 500 SW 428 4Spd, 68 Torino 4dr 95 Thunderbird SC. 89 F250 Supercab 2wd, 98 Mustang conv. 99 Jeep Cherokee 2002 Thunderbird. 96 Harley FLSTN Heritage Special

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2022, 08:40:13 PM »
They don't call it horsepower,  they call it kilowatts

358 KW

Do I dare ask ...How much HP ???  :o
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

trotrof1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2022, 09:05:48 PM »
Someday a future SAAC member will lovingly recall this car as being the apex of performance and styling. Let us hope that date never arrives in our lifetimes.

QuickSilverShelby

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2022, 09:41:51 PM »
I saw it at SEMA and I just blew right past it. Sorry to say but it was seriously laughable. What can Shelby offer for a performance upgrade to this car other then exterior emblems, strips and a big mark up for the name. 
There is nothing remotely "Shelby" about this car.  Nothing.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2022, 11:12:07 PM »
I saw it at SEMA and I just blew right past it. Sorry to say but it was seriously laughable. What can Shelby offer for a performance upgrade to this car other then exterior emblems, strips and a big mark up for the name. 
There is nothing remotely "Shelby" about this car.  Nothing.

QSS
Different acceleration curve. Bigger motors. More HP. Better handling. There is a lot of performance that Ford has left on the table for the controllers and motors with a large safety margin. The reason for the big vent in the hood is to get the extra temp out of the radiator from cooling the motors and controllers.