News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

When you have a better idea, but stop production

Started by FL SAAC, January 24, 2022, 09:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Ford hit pause on hybrid truck orders in December, which the Free Press tweeted Jan. 10.

This latest decision is an effort to avoid potential customer disappointment related to potential delivery delay, Ford spokesperson Said Deep told the Free Press.

2022 Ford Maverick orders to pause until summer amid high demand
https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2022/01/24/2022-ford-maverick-pickup-order/6634931001/
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

67 GT350

Interesting truck? I wonder why there seem to be no pictures comparing it sidewise to other trucks....I bet you can post, since you are "johny-on-the-spot" with that sort of stuff.
RARE  Signature Delete

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: 67 GT350 on January 25, 2022, 11:23:02 AM
Interesting truck? I wonder why there seem to be no pictures comparing it sidewise to other trucks....I bet you can post, since you are "johny-on-the-spot" with that sort of stuff.
Here is the specs. The real reason production is on hold is because they are going to retool and call it Mustang Mach-P
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Scode67FB

I believe they've been on the lots for sale for a while now. I've driven by lots and seen them locally. Unfortunately, the first one I've seen on the street appeared to be broken down. A few weeks ago I saw one on a street, at a traffic light, not moving and with its emergency flashers on.
They're smaller than the new version of the Ranger. A little more like what I would consider a "compact pickup." Aside from seeing one broken down on the street, I like just about everything about them except the front end. I really would like to get one when the hype dies down. Maybe by then the front end will either get redesigned or "grow on me." Also, due to the hype, dealers are putting massive markups on these. Yeah, they're supposed to start at around $20K, but some dealers are adding options and marking them up to over $50K. I paid less than that 16 months ago for a brand new 2020 F150 Super Crew FX4.

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Scode67FB on January 26, 2022, 02:12:29 AMThey're smaller than the new version of the Ranger. A little more like what I would consider a "compact pickup."
It's more like the old Subaru Brat or Honda Ridgeline - a unibody econobox with no trunklid. Great for quick trips to the home improvement store for little jobs or the grocery if you don't mind your stuff getting wet when it's raining.
Bottom line - if you need a truck buy a truck not this.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

mark p

I "may" tend to oversimplify or exaggerate ::) ???... but what I [thought that I] understood is that this is basically a Hybrid Escape with a bed instead of the enclosed cargo area :-\
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird