Author Topic: 69 Shelby GT350 for sale at Legendarymotors  (Read 7886 times)

Steve Z

• View Profile
69 Shelby GT350 for sale at Legendarymotors
« on: May 11, 2018, 04:09:26 PM »
    Does anyone have info on this gt 350 convert at Legendary motors? It is Acapulco blue convertible . Vin is 9F03M481477. I am wondering who may have done the restoration. There is very little info in the registry. I tired to upload the link with no success. Sorry Thanks Steve

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
Re: 69 Shelby GT350 for sale at Legendarymotors
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 04:33:23 PM »
Are you doing research or looking to purchase?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 07:47:25 PM by Coralsnake »

Mark500

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 05:37:45 PM »
Is this the one they bought from that long time owner lady? Saw an episode when they bought it.

thefordshow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 07:32:22 PM »
 This car was restored out in western Canada a few years back, not lmc.  Will also add that this is not the Gulfstream aqua gt350 convertible that was on the show.   Chris

Steve Z

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 07:51:49 PM »
  Coralsnake, I actually am thinking about purchasing this car in a trade transaction. I am having trouble putting a value on the price of the car as it stands today? My knowledge of the 69 is very limited , so any help is needed in this case would be appreciated. I also don't want to question the reputation of the seller , but I want to clear all my bases. Any info, Good or Bad is helpful in this case. I just don't want to make a wrong decision in this transaction. Thank you for any input. Steve

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 09:20:14 PM »
Sent you a message

Stubee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2018, 01:55:52 AM »
Looks like it is sold.

If you bought it. Enjoy that beautiful car.

Steve Z

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2018, 08:10:43 AM »
     I am still working out some small details. I am pretty sure I will have it home in about 2 weeks. I don't have to worry about any shipping cost, thru this transaction. But I am just curious what it cost to bring a car back from Canada? Thanks Steve
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 09:15:48 AM by Steve Z »

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2018, 10:23:20 AM »
That's one car that I would consider trading my '67 for...I would prefer a '70 though.  I love the chin spoiler, the hood stripes, and it's my birth year  ;)

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2018, 10:25:51 AM »
What is the criteria for a wide ratio or close ratio 4 speed in those cars? I thought all "performance packages" automatically came with the close ration box?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2018, 11:51:44 AM »
That's one car that I would consider trading my '67 for...I would prefer a '70 though.  I love the chin spoiler, the hood stripes, and it's my birth year  ;)

Nick, you're a just a young whippersnapper with an old soul.  Great looking car, btw.  Congrats!  Pics when you receive it please.

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Stubee

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2018, 12:14:54 PM »
If the car is going Stateside you should be able to get it shipped for about $2500. The great folks at LMC will be able to help you out with all of those details.

As for the transmission question about wide or close ratio transmissions. The 70 GT 350 I drove cane with AC came with a wide ratio transmission and a 3.05 rear axle for fuel economy. It really is a nice setup to drive with the power steering and brakes. Good power and easy and light on the controls.

Of course I am comparing it to the drag pack, SCJ with manual steering and close ratio transmission and 3:91. A fun beast but not as light feeling on the controls in comparison. Cleaning the rubber off of the rear quarters is time consuming.

Stubee

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2018, 01:29:48 PM »
If the car is going Stateside you should be able to get it shipped for about $2500. The great folks at LMC will be able to help you out with all of those details.

As for the transmission question about wide or close ratio transmissions. The 70 GT 350 I drove cane with AC came with a wide ratio transmission and a 3.05 rear axle for fuel economy. It really is a nice setup to drive with the power steering and brakes. Good power and easy and light on the controls.

Of course I am comparing it to the drag pack, SCJ with manual steering and close ratio transmission and 3:91. A fun beast but not as light feeling on the controls in comparison. Cleaning the rubber off of the rear quarters is time consuming.

Stubee

Hum. That option doesn't exist on the earlier cars. They are all 2.32 first gear vs. the 2.78 in the wr.
I like the lower 1st but the gear spread reminded me of a pick up truck transmission?

I'm not versed on the '69-70's.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Mongo

• SAAC Registrar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2018, 04:46:02 PM »
Just so happens that "both" close & wide ratio transmissions were available on gt350's with or without a/c. I have yet to find an answer. The LMC conv is an original wide ratio trans car without a/c and 3.25 rear. My driver 69 350 conv is an original 4-speed close ration with a/c and 3.00 rear.