News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

67 shelby trunk lid

Started by cbrown, May 12, 2018, 01:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbrown

Need a 67 shelby trunk lid.   anybody got one they will part with?

chris
cbrownmustangs@hotmail.com
chris@brownsautobodyservices.com

BGlover67

Full fiberglass or metal backed?
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

roddster

What the first reply was about is there was a production change.  the early cars used the Mustang metal (trunk side) with the fiberglass bonded to the top.  The later cars had all fiberglass.  We're trying to help you buy the right style.

cbrown

full fiberglass   

chris

BGlover67

Quote from: roddster on May 12, 2018, 10:16:59 PM
  What the first reply was about is there was a production change.  the early cars used the Mustang metal (trunk side) with the fiberglass bonded to the top.  The later cars had all fiberglass.  We're trying to help you buy the right style.

Roddster meant well with his statement and obviously it was directed to anyone else who may be reading the forum, and not Chris.  Chris probably forgot more about restoring Shelby's than I'll ever know. ;)
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

cbrown

Thank you all for keeping me straight..  I did not know when the actual change started to take place from steel reinforced to all glass.  I had to consult with the expert MR. Gaines for advice.  I think i need all fiberglass and still looking ?  Had on email on early style but would really like  all fiberglass for my customer..

thanks chris

I have an NOS one in the box.

Jeff

BGlover67

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover