News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Inside Review Mirror

Started by jguyer, February 09, 2022, 12:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jguyer

OK, I know it's the middle of winter, but just in the garage checking on car.

Take the cover off driver's side and look in.

The rearview mirror is sitting on the console. I blink a few times before it registers that it doesn't belong there.

So what's the best adhesive to reattach it to the windshield?

GT500KR convertible #4201 Highland Green, Black Interior, Black top, before anyone asks about GT350/500/500KR, early/late, fastback/convertible, etc.
"Never trust a man that don't eat cornbread, or a woman that don't cook it"

Bob Gaines

Quote from: jguyer on February 09, 2022, 12:57:37 PM
OK, I know it's the middle of winter, but just in the garage checking on car.

Take the cover off driver's side and look in.

The rearview mirror is sitting on the console. I blink a few times before it registers that it doesn't belong there.

So what's the best adhesive to reattach it to the windshield?

GT500KR convertible #4201 Highland Green, Black Interior, Black top, before anyone asks about GT350/500/500KR, early/late, fastback/convertible, etc.
It so commonly happens that most all larger auto parts stores carry a install kit which includes prep instructions and adhesive.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

jguyer

Thanks, I guess the worst thing would be it falls off again.

Franco:
The first rule of Italian driving. What's-a-behind me, does not-a-matter.
"Never trust a man that don't eat cornbread, or a woman that don't cook it"

Poor Ron

John,

Mark the location on the outside before cleaning the inside, if it is a green KR.

papa scoops

tke the mirror off the bracket, and just glue the bracket back on, let it sit a day or two, then put the mirror back on.

nctrucks

Just make sure you not glue it up side down.