Author Topic: Solutions to rising fuels costs  (Read 3822 times)

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Solutions to rising fuels costs
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2022, 09:04:00 AM »
I realize that this thread is meant to be light-hearted but, in reality, the rise in fuel prices will not go away in the near future and, because of it, will severely affect the hobby we love, not to mention those who earn their livelihoods from it.  While we may rationalize and pay the higher prices for fuel, there are those who can't afford to do so.  Vacations will be curtailed, trips to visit family and friends will not be so frequent.  Hotels, motels, restaurants and venues will suffer.  Air fares will increase.  Freight charges will rise and, because of that, any product that's delivered anywhere will increase.  Any product containing petroleum will increase in price.  Sadly, it didn't have to be this way and it doesn't have to stay this way.  Perhaps, this will be the trigger to make people come to their senses...about a lot of things.  As Forrest Gump so aptly put it..."That's all I've got to say about that".
5S071, 6S1467

TOBKOB

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2022, 10:16:22 AM »
[quote Any product containing petroleum will increase in price. ][/quote]

Most folks don't realize that almost everything we use today contains oil. A year or two ago someone posted a link to a video that showed everything made from petroleum disappearing and it was mind boggling. It may have been here but I don't remember.

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2022, 07:46:26 AM »
[quote Any product containing petroleum will increase in price. ]

Most folks don't realize that almost everything we use today contains oil. A year or two ago someone posted a link to a video that showed everything made from petroleum disappearing and it was mind boggling. It may have been here but I don't remember.

TOB
[/quote]

I remember that post and yes it was made here
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2022, 07:46:46 AM »
I realize that this thread is meant to be light-hearted but, in reality, the rise in fuel prices will not go away in the near future and, because of it, will severely affect the hobby we love, not to mention those who earn their livelihoods from it.  While we may rationalize and pay the higher prices for fuel, there are those who can't afford to do so.  Vacations will be curtailed, trips to visit family and friends will not be so frequent.  Hotels, motels, restaurants and venues will suffer.  Air fares will increase.  Freight charges will rise and, because of that, any product that's delivered anywhere will increase.  Any product containing petroleum will increase in price.  Sadly, it didn't have to be this way and it doesn't have to stay this way.  Perhaps, this will be the trigger to make people come to their senses...about a lot of things.  As Forrest Gump so aptly put it..."That's all I've got to say about that".

Sad but very true

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2022, 08:58:26 AM »
Freedom is not FREE-

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2022, 09:06:51 AM »

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Royce Peterson

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2022, 09:06:25 PM »
20 years ago Al Gore predicted most of Florida would be under water in 12 years. Because of Global Warming. How's his prediction holding up?

1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2022, 09:23:33 PM »
20 years ago Al Gore predicted most of Florida would be under water in 12 years. Because of Global Warming. How's his prediction holding up?

Al Gore, that name sounds familiar. Is it the same Al Gore that has a home near Nashville :

Thats a 20-room mansion (not including 8 bathrooms) heated by natural gas. Add on a pool (and a pool house) and a separate guest house all heated by gas. In ONE MONTH ALONE this mansion consumes more energy than the average American household in an ENTIRE YEAR. The average bill for electricity and natural gas runs over $2,400.00 per month. In natural gas alone (which last time we checked was a fossil fuel), this property consumes more than 20 times the national average for an American home.

That guy?

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2022, 09:35:51 AM »
You forgot to include his personal jet aircraft!  Tipper saw through him when everyone else thought he was brilliant.  In reality, he's  an "empty suit" just like John Kerry.
5S071, 6S1467

mark p

• SAAC Member
  • south NJ - Philly 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2022, 11:14:42 AM »
...  In reality, he's  an "empty suit" just like John Kerry.

Seems to be a lot of that going around  ::) ???
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

TOBKOB

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2022, 07:08:32 PM »
Isn't he the guy that invented the internet?   :-\   ::)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2022, 03:35:41 PM »
Has anyone attempted this and if you did you notice a m.p.g. increase?

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy