Author Topic: Today fuel prices  (Read 7552 times)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today fuel prices
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2022, 08:38:17 AM »
You mean our muscle cars ran that fast with all that lead in them? 8)

We thought they did.....now that's heavy
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2022, 04:38:47 PM »
$3.74 at the pumps today.  Mystifying how we got here, ain't it?  Wasn't like that a year ago based upon my recollection and I deem my recollection to be quite good particularly on the aforesaid subject matter.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

jk66gt350

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2022, 07:26:35 PM »
Same increase in prices in Canada, European countries etc.  Not sure any Pres / leader in any country can be that influential, but that's just me.  World increases in the price of oil is driving the majority of increases from what I've seen.   

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2022, 08:06:07 PM »
global events, unrest in Kazakhstan, instability potentially in Libya, and Russia targeting Ukraine, all are oil producing nations

Covid less people driving, less demand, oil companies cut back on their production levels

Certain "mandates" like close those evil pipelines

But the current concern is Russia that imports into the USA 12 to 26 million barrels of crude / petroleum monthly may be cut off soon

As the great Bachman Turner Overdrive sang "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet ! "

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Harris Speedster

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2022, 08:12:53 PM »
We were fully covered in our gasoline and natural gas needs.
That is a fact.
We were actually exporting some.
We are not like most other countries, we are actually oil rich.

Shutting the pipeline down did nothing but create the need to import crude/fuel. 2=2 = 4
I was buying gas at 1.94 over 15 months ago in Mo, not Illinois, we have two idiots here, Gov Pissker and Dick Durdumb, sorry just the facts please.
Was almost 3.00 gal yesterday in Mo, Illinois was 69 cents more.

Talk on the street over here, Bidumb is best taken with a shot of Kalua, ?sp.
I hope I have not offended anyone here ?
John
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 08:16:02 PM by Harris Speedster »
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2022, 08:17:39 PM »
In South Fl this is what gas prices look like today

Unleaded  3.49
Midgrade. 3.75
Premium   4.00

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2022, 08:55:52 PM »
Might have something to do with shutting down pipelines and making us foreign oil dependent yet again.  My reason for shutting down the pipeline would be to use up the foreign oil and save our own reserves so that when foreign oil ran low or became outrageously expensive, then we would have our own.  Somehow, I do not believe that this is the reason for the decision in DC.  I would not attribute that level of intelligence or strategy to the individual or individuals responsible.  It is merely the serendipity of an otherwise inane decision in bad economic times.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2022, 08:37:28 AM »
Well since we the people are powerless to in act change, here are some helpful  tips to conserve fuel:

Don't start your car

Make sure tires are maintained and properly inflated.

Avoid "jackrabbit" starts and accelerations.

Use cruise control on the highway but not when the road is wet because then you could lose control of your car if you skid. 

Avoid extending idling to warm up the engine or in drive-throughs.

One minute of idling maximum is what is recommended.

Lower your vehicle's weight by removing unnecessary bulky items and roof racks.

But the best one is don't start your car

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

jk66gt350

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2022, 08:57:21 AM »
Read this on the Business News Network this morning:

The Texas wildcatters that ushered in America’s shale revolution are resisting the temptation to pump more oil as the market rallies, signaling higher gasoline prices for consumers already battered by the worst inflation in a generation.

Crude prices hurtling toward US$100 a barrel typically would spark a frenzy of new drilling by independent explorers in shale fields from the desert Southwest to the Upper Great Plains -- but not this year. Influential players like Pioneer Natural Resources Co., Devon Energy Corp. and Harold Hamm’s Continental Resources Inc. just pledged to limit 2022 production increases to no more than 5 per cent, a fraction of the 20 per cent or higher annual growth rates meted out in the pre-pandemic era.

The timing couldn’t be worse for consumers. Outside of OPEC, which has rejected U.S. President Joe Biden’s pleas to accelerate production increases, domestic shale fields are the only other source of crude that can quickly respond to supply shortfalls. Together with fast-rising global consumption, American drillers’ conservatism is likely to keep oil prices elevated for some time to come. 

“Whether it’s US$150 oil, US$200 oil, or US$100 oil, we’re not going to change our growth plans,’’ Pioneer Chief Executive Officer Scott Sheffield said during a Bloomberg Television interview. “If the president wants us to grow, I just don’t think the industry can grow anyway.’’

To be sure, U.S. oil output will rise substantially this year and is forecast to return to pre-pandemic levels by 2023. But it probably won’t be enough to knock oil prices off their upward trajectory any time soon.

highland green

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2022, 10:00:38 AM »
I dont understand any of this. Biden stops the completion of a pipe line from western canada, but wants to import oil from the middle east. as for canada they dont want oil from western canada but import from united states and middle east.??Politics. What happened to whats good for the people?

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2022, 11:03:27 AM »
Ladies and Gentlemen

bottom line we are screwed (unknown victim with a very big screw)$5+ regular gas here we come !

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2022, 11:12:58 AM »
My solution as I have stated before: Eat less food; by more gas. Triple win because 1. You look better; 2. Become healthier and possibly live longer; 3. Reduce the weight of your car while driving which in turn makes you faster and gets better gas mileage.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2022, 02:06:17 PM »
My solution as I have stated before: Eat less food; by more gas. Triple win because 1. You look better; 2. Become healthier and possibly live longer; 3. Reduce the weight of your car while driving which in turn makes you faster and gets better gas mileage.

Just today I took one of my critters out for lunch at 3.99 a gallon of delicious 93 octane

Once I started pumping, I felt cheated and disenfranchised as MY PUMP did not have one of those special stickers.

I immediately went inside and demanded to see management.  Boy did i set him straight and he assured me next time he would have a sticker up on MY PUMP !

Thank you very much

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy