Author Topic: Today fuel prices  (Read 7548 times)

Harris Speedster

• View Profile
Re: Today fuel prices
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2022, 10:53:03 AM »
All but 4 countries in the world have cut banking and trade deals with Russia.

TOBCOB
Shear reckless and wanton policy >> buying oil/gas from Russia,  >>>> literally helping Putin in Ukraine

Killing jobs here, and soon to be doubled pricing on every consumer good you can possibly think of
It has to stop.
Respectfully
John
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

Royce Peterson

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2022, 11:22:26 AM »
That's not the case this time. The current White House resident is entirely responsible for the runaway inflation we are experiencing.

Did not know about the Eisenhower connection. Interesting.
When SHTF you always need to look at previous administrations. A lot of times you'll find BS they enacted that doesn't take effect until just before or just after they leave office.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

mark p

• SAAC Member
  • south NJ - Philly 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2022, 09:28:36 PM »
Today I'm thankful  ::) for the announcement about the release of Oil from various strategic reserves, as announced during the speech on Tuesday. The price at the pump here (pretty much dead center of where there were 6 or 8 refineries a few years back) jumped "just" [another] 40 cents within the last week... one can only imagine what it would have done otherwise?

I'd have to double-check my old records, but am sure that this is the highest prices ever seen in this area. ouch.
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2022, 09:55:30 PM »
Yup I heard that also, but unfortunately it takes time for refineries to convert crude oil into gasoline, diesel fuel and other petroleum products and more time for those fuels to reach consumers. In the meantime, experts say, it’s likely that the average price of gasoline in the U.S. will continue to climb.
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

TOBKOB

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2022, 08:58:32 AM »
I paid $4.49 per gallon for diesel yesterday...up 45 cents in 1 day... >:(
Look out for steep price increases on everything...  :)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

Harris Speedster

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2022, 10:44:19 AM »
Queen Pelosi and the wrecking crew bowed down yesterday and waved her hand to agree to produce oil, gas etc, ?
Going against Bidumb to open the pipeline?
Needless to say, our commander in Chief and AOC  will decide.

If I have read correctly, strategic reserves are for emergency and National Security , NOT for abusive policies creating shortages killing our economy and the middle class down to deplorable' s. That is one B---- that should be in prison.
Seems some house members, senate members, both parties, joined together to push the common sense plan.
I sure hope there plan prevails.
Respectfully,
John

UPDATE, I guess AOC said no !!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 01:39:24 PM by Harris Speedster »
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

TOBKOB

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2022, 01:30:58 PM »
If I have read correctly, strategic reserves are for emergency and National Security , NOT for abusive policies creating shortages.
That's what I always thought, but obviously our government knows best. 1 or 2 days supply isn't going to make a lot of difference. Better pray that a real emergency doesn't happen.

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

mark p

• SAAC Member
  • south NJ - Philly 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2022, 10:57:27 AM »
If I have read correctly, strategic reserves are for emergency and National Security , NOT for abusive policies creating shortages.
That's what I always thought, but obviously "our government knows best". 1 or 2 days supply isn't going to make a lot of difference. Better pray that a real emergency doesn't happen.
TOB

^^^ Right.
I once won a radio contest for the "Best Lie" with the old one, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help"  ::)

I figured that the "announcement" about releasing from the Reserve was intended to make "Bidumb" (thanks to John for the naming!) look good to the legions of liberals.
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2022, 06:46:04 PM »
Went out this morning premium was 3.99

Just got home from Fort Lauderdale premium up to 4.49

Thank you !

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Royce Peterson

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2022, 09:39:38 PM »
Diesel is $5.25 per gallon here today.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2022, 04:37:47 PM »
In an effort to justify their high gas prices, the entrepreneurs have relabeled their pumps.

Has anyone tried either blend and which one is recommended for our cars?

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2022, 05:32:03 PM »
I highly recommend the GREEN stuff... The yellow is for cheap BBQ parties. with your buddies. ;)

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2022, 05:35:41 PM »
When I am pouring in 19.00 dollar a gallon high test, I often think my baby is swilling CRYSTAL to get its groove on. ;D

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2022, 05:43:00 PM »
If I have read correctly, strategic reserves are for emergency and National Security ,
True and as we get nearer to WWIII our military will need the fuel. The Japanese screwed up at Pearl Harbor. They didn't hit the oil storage areas. If they had it would have taken us at least 6 months to get enough fuel in the area to mount a counter attack. I'll wager none of our enemies would make the same mistake today.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2022, 07:47:11 PM »
If everyone in the USA would stop driving for one day nothing would happen and we all know that not everyone will stop driving.

A one day drop in demand would have zero effect overall. Well, maybe the stock market would freak out for a day but only if media made a big deal out of it.

But they won't because the news will pick up and know that petitions are being signed to promote a one day stop, so it's going to be just one day.

The US consumes about 3.3 billion barrels per year.  One day would equal a drop in the bucket.

What would cause some concern is if everybody started buy EV's instead of gas burning cars.

Just like electric companies are starting to worry about solar panels and trying to discourage their use, oil companies would probably drop the price of gas to 30 - 50 cents a gallon to discourage people buying electric.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy