Author Topic: Today fuel prices  (Read 7547 times)

Harris Speedster

• View Profile
Re: Today fuel prices
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2022, 08:11:48 AM »
FL SAAC
Therein lies the problem.
Even if we could stop the use of fossil fuel for a few days as you mentioned, the companies that would freak would be electric companies and us, being the consumers.

How does one produce the electricity then?
Even dams use fossil fuel, let alone fossil fuel to build the parts for the massive generators used in all dams.
Smelting copper, steel etc would stop.

That is a Stale mate my friends, fossil fuel wins out though !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Power outages is what will make the difference and shutting down food processing lines of all types , trucks, cars and smelter plants?
I wonder, after consumers boiled like a lobster in their home's with no A/C, how well that would work, oh boy !

John
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 01:18:42 PM by Harris Speedster »
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2022, 09:42:24 AM »
FL SAAC
Therein lies the problem.
Even if we could stop the use of fossil fuel for a few days as you mentored, the companies that would freak would be electric companies and us, being the consumers.

How does one produce the electricity then?
Even dams use fossil fuel, let alone fossil fuel to build the parts for the massive generators used in all dams.
Smelting copper, steel etc would stop.

That is a Stale mate my friends, fossil fuel wins out though !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Power outages is what will make the difference and shutting down food assembly lines of all types , trucks, cars and smelter plants?
I wonder, after consumers boiled like a lobster in their home's with no A/C, how well that would work, oh boy !

John

+ 1 exactly my point,  there is NO WAY to stop for one day
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

TA Coupe

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2022, 06:08:14 AM »
New high in gas prices today in northern California.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2022, 06:53:17 AM »
Being as old as I am, I never thought I'd say this but, like Christmas, I can't wait for November to get here...I'm just sayin'.
5S071, 6S1467

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2022, 09:09:26 AM »
Being as old as I am, I never thought I'd say this but, like Christmas, I can't wait for November to get here...I'm just sayin'.

I agree, but having said that

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade

Still not to late to buy oil stocks and dump them before they crash again chevron,  exxonmobil

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Harris Speedster

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2022, 01:32:17 PM »
$5.01 a gallon today ( 6-4-22 ) in Central Illinois.
Get ready for the farmers growing a large part of our crops in the US to drastically raise commodity prices.
Not there fault !
Is it PUKEN  as BIDUMB says ????
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

crossboss

• ^My Current Project^
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2022, 02:33:26 PM »
California aka Kommifornia gas prices have reached $6.80, $7+ and in some areas $9 bucks a gallon. Don't worry, all of the idiots there will still vote Democrat. Here in Vegas, gas is on average between $4.94-$5.25.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2022, 02:52:57 PM »
93 octane at $5 .19 in S Fl

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy