News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Goodyear Blue Streaks

Started by Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas, May 14, 2018, 05:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Okay, I've got my 5 original magnums redone ( thanks to Jim Cowles  :) ) and am saving up for a set of the Goodyear Blue Streaks from Universal Tires in Hershey Pa.
Has anyone every used them? Any insight would be helpful as they are a little pricey, but I will now have the 5 original wheels and a set of OEM Center Caps, a set of the Red Hertz Decals and the original 20 lug nuts. I will use these only for certain shows as I hear the wear on these tires leaves something to be desired ( I hear 5,000-7,000 and they are gone)
Has anyone used these tires? Any tips on storing them? Any tips on Installing them as they go on from the back side if I remember correctly (14" safety rim) . Should I search for a set of clip-on Goodyear type wheels weights or leave the weight off, or "hid" some stick on weights inside the riim.
By the way, the rims look great.
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎