News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Get Your Orders in Right Away

Started by Don Johnston, February 16, 2022, 10:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: vtgt500 on February 17, 2022, 02:07:28 PM
Not impressed.  Reminds me of the person with a cobra kit car that attends all the local shows.  Has a large professionally printed placard on an art easel detailing every attribute about the vehicle.  No one ever breaks stride to stop and look. 

+1 - where will this be a force on the track? I guess you could enter it in the prototype class at LeMans. With only 10 slated for build it won't be a production car anywhere. No vintage group will let it run. Garage queen or track day toy only. Somebody with 1.2 in it will want to drive it to cars & coffee - and promptly crash it on exiting.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

deathsled

Will they age the same as an aluminum body or become a pile of carbon dust on the floor in 50 plus years?
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Don Johnston

Is there a way to repair carbon fiber damage?

FL SAAC

Quote from: Don Johnston on February 18, 2022, 02:38:18 AM

Think the damage has been done at already at 1.2
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

shelbydoug

Quote from: Don Johnston on February 18, 2022, 02:38:18 AM

I think that you need to replace the entire shell as a unit?

Do you remember the controversy of the SA KR hoods? IF you needed one, they were being controlled by SA so that folks couldn't convert their 2007 GT500's to a KR look.

The price of a "replacement" hood for a documented KR was something like $36,000?

For a car that markets at $1.2million, what would be the cost of a replacement shell? I'd guess...a lot.

IF one was looking for the best deal out there in a "reasonably representative replica" the ERA's are hovering around $50,000, 427 and all. They don't offer exclusivity though.

I personally think that even the Kirkhams leave something to be desired and maybe it is the lack of a Shelby American VIN tag that is truly what is wanted?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!