News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Be warned!

Started by morsel, February 18, 2022, 12:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbymann1970

Quote from: morsel on February 18, 2022, 06:56:52 PM
Quote from: azdriver on February 18, 2022, 05:40:52 PM
I received two responses from the above mentioned member regarding two different WTB posts. I did not respond to either and assumed they were bogus....Worded the same as mentioned...

Pat

Interesting, he's still trying to get me too, email me several times today, I will feel bad if he's real though, haha.

Jason
My good friend who is spending a LOT of $$$$ doing his 68 Shelby vert a scammer here we talked about months ago tried scamming him from wanted ads I posted here for him(he isn't much of a forum or Facebook guy so I help). How do you know? Well one thing is to ask what other parts and say you are looking for a non existent part. He asked the scammer if he had the hood scoop insert for a 68 Shelby. The scammer said yes he had an NOS one. Pay through PayPal as a biz transaction using a credit card paying on an invoice. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

mlplunkett

Quote from: gt350hr on February 18, 2022, 02:24:01 PM
   I don't do pictures and I am old and often slow to ship. BUT I am real , DO have the parts and offer a 100% guarantee on my parts. Morsel and many others have dealt with me . I too was scammed "once" , never again, by the bait and switch tactic. $80 to learn the lesson hurt for sure.
  Glad you avoided being taken and thanks for exposing the contact person.
    Randy

I love you too Randy, Don't forget the oil cooler. He He
67 GT500 tribute under construction
65 R-model tribute under construction

gt350hr

Quote from: 430dragpack on February 18, 2022, 03:50:32 PM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on February 18, 2022, 02:34:43 PM
  I don't do pictures and I am old and often slow to ship. BUT I am real , DO have the parts and offer a 100% guarantee on my parts. Morsel and many others have dealt with me . I too was scammed "once" , never again, by the bait and switch tactic. $80 to learn the lesson hurt for sure.
    Randy
We still love you anyway Randy . :)

Yes, Randy, I still love you too!   By the way, the parts did finally arrive the other day, I guess when you said "I'll ship them out, Saturday", you didn't say which Saturday!🤣.  Thanks again!

I am VERY close to every day being Saturday!! Probably this year. Work sucks when you don't "have to".
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

FL SAAC

+ 1 don't trade health,  time you can spend with your loved ones for money

Quote from: gt350hr on February 21, 2022, 10:53:26 AM
Quote from: 430dragpack on February 18, 2022, 03:50:32 PM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on February 18, 2022, 02:34:43 PM
    Randy
We still love you anyway Randy . :)

Yes, Randy, I still love you too!   By the way, the parts did finally arrive the other day, I guess when you said "I'll ship them out, Saturday", you didn't say which Saturday!🤣.  Thanks again!

I am VERY close to every day being Saturday!! Probably this year. Work sucks when you don't "have to".
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

5s127

I was contacted by the same person "Luven" who appeared as a Guest. He told me he had a friend who had a metering block I needed. The email of the friend is binghamgrant2@gmail.com. He then asked me to send PayPal to his son's account "kamathidoree67@gmail.com. I told him to have the son send me a request for payment through PayPal and the request came from Erick Rangel who was using the email of randyphillips026@gmail.com.

Definitely a scammer. I opened a ticket with PayPal to look into the Erick Rangel account.

Copescobra

Thanks for sharing all good to know.

Always comes to mind lately.....
"if is seems to good to be true it probably is"

With the exception of Randy of course.....
1969 SCJ 428
1970 Boss 302
2012 Boss 302

TOBKOB

QuoteI am VERY close to every day being Saturday!! Probably this year. Work sucks when you don't "have to".

I have 6 Saturdays and 1 Sunday a week...The catch is there is always work to do and there is no start time or quitting time and no overtime... ;D  But I highly recommend retirement...

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

gt350hr

I turned in my request to retire yesterday , March 31st is my last day.

SFM6S

FL SAAC

Quote from: 5s127 on March 02, 2022, 10:03:34 AM
I was contacted by the same person "Luven" who appeared as a Guest. He told me he had a friend who had a metering block I needed. The email of the friend is binghamgrant2@gmail.com. He then asked me to send PayPal to his son's account "kamathidoree67@gmail.com. I told him to have the son send me a request for payment through PayPal and the request came from Erick Rangel who was using the email of randyphillips026@gmail.com.

Definitely a scammer. I opened a ticket with PayPal to look into the Erick Rangel account.

Interesting choice of name

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/courts/man-pleads-not-guilty-in-22-year-old-las-vegas-womans-death-2295300/

Convicted Rapist Has 27-Year Sentence Reduced By a Decade | Parsippany, NJ Patch
https://patch.com/new-jersey/parsippany/convicted-rapist-has-27year-sentence-reduced-by-a-decade

I have all UNGOLD cars

Bob Gaines

Quote from: gt350hr on March 02, 2022, 11:58:28 AM
Congratulations!!!!
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

FL SAAC

Congratulations and Happy Trails !

I have all UNGOLD cars

J_Speegle

Good for you Randy. All your time (well most of it) will be in your control from this point on - enjoy it
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

427heaven

Congratulations ... Now you can steer clear of those virus spreading co workers. ;D

gt350hr

Yea , no more trade shows! I got sick off of every flight back.