News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

0F02R482841 on BAT

Started by 5s386, February 19, 2022, 10:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbymann1970

pretty solid car and one of the rare times I'd say I wished they had kept the car white. White with blue stripes and red interior is a striking combo. Has a CJ and not a SCJ in it(reg balancer in one pic).
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Bill

Civility
1: Merriam Webster defines civility as civilized conduct or a polite act or expression.

Courtesy
1 : the quality or state of being respectful and considerate of others
2 : a polite or generous act or expression
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

shlb69

If someone from club bought contact me as my mom owned for about 15 yrs. Had interior for it and one time scj for it

Tired Sheep

In a relatively strong market does anyone think the comments held this car back?

CharlesTurner

Quote from: Tired Sheep on February 21, 2022, 08:27:00 PM
In a relatively strong market does anyone think the comments held this car back?

Hard to say.  The car had a few gnarly paint chips, was an automatic and the bottom looked like it had a previous dealer spray-bomb black treatment.  You'd think it would have hit at least $100k though...
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

67 GT350

RARE  Signature Delete

Special Ed

That was a very rare  (1 of 1) and desirable shelby being a 70 TASCA FORD drag pack RED WHITE BLUE shelby dont get any more AMERCAN than that.  Why would anybody change out the  rare red interior as thats what makes it so unique as there is even a shelby  special red interior registry out of georgia if i remember correctly.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: CharlesTurner on February 21, 2022, 08:56:57 PM
Quote from: Tired Sheep on February 21, 2022, 08:27:00 PM

Hard to say.  The car had a few gnarly paint chips, was an automatic and the bottom looked like it had a previous dealer spray-bomb black treatment.  You'd think it would have hit at least $100k though...
it didn't have a SCJ in it either although it wouldn't be that expensive to change over to a SCJ from a CJ though. Maybe the black over red interior? Things you mentioned? Environment right now worldwide?
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

tesgt350

I'd like to have that Starsky Torino.............

Tired Sheep

Personally, this car should have been double that price in my opinion.

Even with the items pointed out.

I think it would cost 10k to put a SCJ in it. Not cheap in my book

I've seen a couple 69 GT350s recently break 100k and they weren't this nice

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Tired Sheep on February 22, 2022, 08:16:30 AM
Personally, this car should have been double that price in my opinion.

Even with the items pointed out.

I think it would cost 10k to put a SCJ in it. Not cheap in my book

I've seen a couple 69 GT350s recently break 100k and they weren't this nice
I contacted 2 people this morning who are looking for Shelbys to find out why they didn't bid on this car as they are willing to spend twice as much on one right now. Both are active on BaT and strangely neither asked me about the car during the auction in emails(I have seen many they have been interested in). About 10K for a SCJ. Why not remove the engine. either buy a SCJ and sell the CJ in it or replace the crank rods flex plate and damper and sell the CJ pieces. If you know a decent engine builder the price to do this should be less than half. I'm surprised the seller let it go for that.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

TLea

Could it be that all the comments from non potential buyers on BAT scared people off?  ::)

Rukiddin

I hesitate to get too much involved,but after following this auction I looked at it this way.......to restore back to original ,as-built,condition it would require most ALL to be replaced or repainted. If that car was in ORIGINAL condition it would have brought twice the selling price. Just my opinion,of course.
Short list of "original/correct" versus LONG list of "wrong". I think that car is one of those cars that won't be worth much more,or much less as time goes on.....

Tired Sheep

Shelbymann70 how much do you think it would cost to add the SCJ parts and make it a running car?