News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Early 1967 Correct Glass Dates

Started by BGlover67, May 15, 2018, 09:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

I need to tell the folks at ECS what I want etched onto my front windshield and I'd love to run it by our experts so that I don't make a stupid mistake.  It's for car 26, an early '67 GT350, so un-tinted should be correct.  Also my other glass dates are consistently July 1966.   I've also looked over Marcus' awesome pdf about factory glass etching:

http://anghelrestorations.com/uploads/3/1/7/6/3176630/glass_v1.1.pdf

So here is what I'm thinking it should look like:

Laminated
                    Safety Glass
                      Car Lite
                  (N)           (R)

6G             AS1
                      FM-M55

Edit:
(I removed the 'Tempered' as per ECS, since it is laminated, they aren't sure about the M code though)

I really need to check if the M-55 code is correct.  Can anyone with an early 67 who has a correct windshield tell me what is on their glass with respect to the M code?

Thanks
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

J_Speegle

First would suggest that originally your windshield would not likely match the rest of the windows. Normally they don't all match and if they do on a restored car IMHO it just suggests that they are all reproductions and the builder just choose a date.  Think you get the idea. - Too much of a cookie cutter look to something that would have been, for lack of a better term, organic.

Have not kept records of much of the windshield other than the date and so often, of all the glass, the windshield is the first thing replaced. For those following those data points I have one with an M67 in that spot. Might have more but that was the easiest and what was in my main file

Hope it helps
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge