News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Are all of the R-models restored? Any photos in progress form?

Started by silverton_ford, January 28, 2018, 01:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

Quote from: Harris Speedster on January 26, 2019, 03:05:18 PM
Quote from: shelbydoug on March 22, 2018, 09:49:05 AM
I think there are more then a few "R's" that are only original in the VIN tag?
\
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I would tend ( in Part ) to agree with you Doug.
Maybe not >> only original by Vin>> but pretty dam close
respectfully submitted,
John

Well, you can usually save most of the bolts.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

honker

These photos may have been here before, maybe forum 1 ?

5R096 (X Comstock Canada) at Gus Desalus shop aprox 1983.

98SVT - was 06GT

001 was restored when Larry Zane owned it. He had Rick Titus drive it in a few vintage races. Rick told me the other day that the current owner has it sitting in a carport and has become the new crazy chick that owned the coupe nominee.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Wedgeman

deathsled

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Wedgeman on October 16, 2022, 08:25:39 PM
Keep that  new crazy chick away from fire!!
Quote from: deathsled on November 04, 2022, 11:38:07 PM
And pet rabbits.

Only met her twice - should have been in an institution or at least heavily medicated.

001 is sitting in storage. Has been in the same spot for many years. I have personally seen the car a few times and as late as 2019. Still in the same condition of when Larry restored it. I was very honored to be able to see the car and had a surreal moment because I realized that this is a great big World and of all places, I was standing right beside the Shelby Mustang carrying the 001 Serial Number. Wow!

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: tim@hardsteel.net on November 14, 2022, 03:10:36 PM
001 is sitting in storage. Has been in the same spot for many years. I have personally seen the car a few times and as late as 2019. Still in the same condition of when Larry restored it. I was very honored to be able to see the car and had a surreal moment because I realized that this is a great big World and of all places, I was standing right beside the Shelby Mustang carrying the 001 Serial Number. Wow!
It is a big part of the history that Mustangs still enjoy today. After the engine failure at Monterey it sat in the corner of Rick Titus' shop for quite awhile. Larry came out from NJ and we stuck a fresh engine in it - he bought 2 I stored the one he got from Randy Gillis for probably 5 years before he picked it up. When we started to clean the car I sprayed the wheels and 2 of them had cracks where the spokes met the rims. One had cracks around 3 of the spokes - maybe it was a good thing it blew up rather than crashing due to a broken wheel. They were original magnesium. American hadn't started remaking the aluminum ones yet.