News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Thoughts on a Spring SAAC Carolinas Shindig on May 21st?

Started by BGlover67, February 22, 2022, 12:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

Bill Baker has graciously offered to host another spring outing at the Hickory Regional Airport in Hickory, NC on Saturday, May 21st, 2022.  Last year's event was an unmitigated success, parking classic Shelbys and Fords under one of a kind retired military aircraft.  They open at 10am, so he'd like to have everyone parked by 9:30 and stay until 2pm, understanding that people may have other commitments and need to leave.  Anyone who needs to leave early, can be parked by the fence entrance for easy departure. 

Can I get a few opinions as to whether or not this is what everyone might like?  ;D

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Bill

I missed last year due to circumstances beyond my control, I'm up for it this year.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

NC TRACKRAT

The CHEERWINE Festival is in Salisbury that same day but I can easily forego that to be with SAAC people and their cars! :)
5S071, 6S1467

s_eagle

TedS

Thanks to Bill and all the museum crew for having us back . We must have behaved ... enough ... last year.  A lot of cars I had not seen before. That would be a "YES" for us.

Ted

6T6SHELBY

I had a blast last year. I would definitely vote to do it again this year. Is the show open to all year Fords (newer Shelby's and Mustangs) or do you prefer to keep it limited to classics?

BGlover67

Quote from: Bill on February 22, 2022, 08:14:27 AM
I missed last year due to circumstances beyond my control, I'm up for it this year.

Bill

You're only allowed if you bring that awesome new Shelby of yours.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

Farmerjohn

I was in attendance last and look forward to it again this year. John from SC.

Bill

Quote from: BGlover67 on February 22, 2022, 01:35:23 PM

You're only allowed if you bring that awesome new Shelby of yours.

If it's done by then, if not, a nice long ride in the 289 roadster will have to suffice  ;)

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

mbriggs

I plan to attend with my Cobra.

Michael Briggs
Mach 1 Fan.

BGlover67

Quote from: mbriggs on February 23, 2022, 08:59:40 PM
I plan to attend with my Cobra.

Michael Briggs
Mach 1 Fan.

Michael, your Cobra was a hit last year, I look forward to seeing it again.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover