News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

LOOKING FOR TRANSMISSION FOR #0786

Started by Mike James, May 15, 2018, 06:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike James

Guys,
I am the recent owner of 0786 and trying to find the original transmission. Believe it or not, I have talked to all 4 previous owners, they are all still alive.

So I just talked to the second owner today.  He was a drag racer and tore out the RUG-S and sold it in Taylor, Arkansas.  He had a scrap yard too I believe.  Or at least made a living out of buying and selling parts.

So anyways, I am looking for a 1967 RUG-S sold by Harold Clark around 1970/1971.  He said he put a C6 in it and back then he never thought the car would be anything special, everyone just thought it was a funny looking Mustang.

Anyways, Taylor, Arkansas is in Southwest Arkansas, quite close to Louisiana and Texas.

My car was built on 1/24/67.

I will pay a finders fee for anyone that helps me located this transmission.

BGlover67

786 is a nightmist blue/black interior 4 speed GT500 original delivered to republic Ford, in case anyone didn't get that from the previous post.

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Mike James

Yep that is correct Brian.

Thanks !

I had heard of one getting sold nearby (Texas) on eBay that had a late January build date.  But that was back in 2005.  This goose chase to find the original transmission will be fun!

Mike James

CORRECTION

HOWARD CLARK just told me that he was in DeQueen Arkansas when he sold this transmission.

shelbydoug

What is the correct tag number for that transmission?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Mike James