News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

HiPo Choke Cable

Started by rcgt350, February 28, 2022, 12:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcgt350

Im looking for the length of an original HiPo 67 Choke Cable.
I see some saying no C on the knob and some say with C, did it vary in 67?
What I think is my original cable has a C.
I bought a repro one a few years back, but the mounting bracket doesn't match up to the style of mine, Ive noticed too that the air vent cable/know has the same style of mounting bracket, but with the addition of the two fasteners that holds it in place combined with the E Brake handle bracket.
Right now the cable is mounted to the right side of steering column and Im told it should be to the left next to the kick panel , but I don't have enough length to move it to the left.
Any help would be appreciated.

I have pictures but can't get them from phone to here?
I think that by seeing the dash mounting bracket, that will tell the story.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: rcgt350 on February 28, 2022, 12:01:37 PM
Im looking for the length of an original HiPo 67 Choke Cable.
I see some saying no C on the knob and some say with C, did it vary in 67?
What I think is my original cable has a C.
I bought a repro one a few years back, but the mounting bracket doesn't match up to the style of mine, Ive noticed too that the air vent cable/know has the same style of mounting bracket, but with the addition of the two fasteners that holds it in place combined with the E Brake handle bracket.
Right now the cable is mounted to the right side of steering column and Im told it should be to the left next to the kick panel , but I don't have enough length to move it to the left.
Any help would be appreciated.
65 and 66 typically have a C but 67 typically do not. That is not a absolute. At least not as it relates to 67. I wouldn't be surprised if some C marked cables didn't get used up in 67. The early cars that I have looked at that I know were unmessed with had no C. Again not a absolute but it doesn't help things that all of of the repro cables have the C . If a 67 has a Choke cable that has a C it doesn't automatically mean it was original to the car. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

rcgt350

Popular Hot Rodding February 67 shows an engine bay picture, but I'm not seeing a choke cable firewall clip, hard to say in a black & white photo though.

rcgt350

Thanks for your input Bob, always appreciated!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: rcgt350 on February 28, 2022, 11:13:47 PM
Popular Hot Rodding February 67 shows an engine bay picture, but I'm not seeing a choke cable firewall clip, hard to say in a black & white photo though.
I think the choke cable clip was one of those things that were used as needed.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby