Author Topic: Florida man charged with street racing after reaching 199 MPH  (Read 609 times)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Florida man charged with street racing after reaching 199 MPH
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2024, 10:56:55 AM »
Should be easily defended in court by a competent attorney.

Your honor, they where driving a Camaro ....

199 M. P. H.  really your honor a Cheby ?????

Comon mannnnnnn !

Judge : case dismissed

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2024, 12:03:31 PM »
Stupid…..They are very lucky they didn’t kill anybody……Streets are no place for “amateur hour”…

tesgt350

• View Profile
    • BLACK HAT PERFORMANCE
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2024, 12:47:01 PM »
I read that earlier, I still cant believe a Camaro did 199 on a Highway.  I hope they did as the Law requires, Impound the Car and sell it at Auction.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2024, 10:49:35 AM »
Stupid…..They are very lucky they didn’t kill anybody……Streets are no place for “amateur hour”…

I'm telling you that is completely unacceptable. 

I personally have never exceeded the posted speed limits, well maybe once when I had to pass a slow vehicle on the turnpike ..... again possibly just once

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2024, 10:51:36 AM »
I read that earlier, I still cant believe a Camaro did 199 on a Highway.  I hope they did as the Law requires, Impound the Car and sell it at Auction.

Proving my point !

You as a juror and others like you would unanimously agree with my assumption

You can not possibly use "Camaro" and "199 M.P.H.s"  in the same sentence.

Never Ever

Case dismissed  !

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2024, 04:09:06 PM »
Should be easily defended in court by a competent attorney.

Your honor, they where driving a Camaro ....

199 M. P. H.  really your honor a Cheby ?????

Comon mannnnnnn !

Judge : case dismissed
Sounds like a viable defense.  And meanwhile across the country there is a push to close down racetracks.  I read that there are noise complaints from residents in the proximity of Laguna Seca.  I believe it is in litigation.  Standard nuisance law should apply.  If you come to the nuisance, you cannot be heard to complain.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

S7MS427

• View Profile
    • S-Tech Enterprises, LLC
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2024, 05:55:10 PM »
Race tracks and airports are under attack all over the country.  In most cases, they were there first.  Then more people move in and they begin to complain about the noise.  And in the end, the race track or airport is forced to shutdown.  They were there first, the residents knew that when they moved in.  And yet somehow the residents win.  I see NO justice in that.
Roy Simkins
http://www.S-TechEnt.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2024, 10:42:34 AM »
Race tracks and airports are under attack all over the country.  In most cases, they were there first.  Then more people move in and they begin to complain about the noise.  And in the end, the race track or airport is forced to shutdown.  They were there first, the residents knew that when they moved in.  And yet somehow the residents win.  I see NO justice in that.

only used by hooligans....lol !

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

rhjanes

• R "Junior" Janes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2024, 11:19:08 AM »
Happening every few years here in Dallas TX.  Love Field was the grass strip during WWI.  It became commercial aviation after that.  My dad was born in the early 1930's and said Love Field was SO far out of town, it took an hour or more to drive there (pre interstates).  Now?  totally surrounded by Dallas.  Shoot we are 30 miles north and see the flight patterns for both Love and DFW International.  But there is another side of all this.  The airlines and air freight DO petition to increase the number of flights.  They DO petition to increase the hours earlier in the day and later (yes they are 24 hours, but certain planes can't use the airfields over night).  Every day there are several older 747 air freighters landing at DFW and I can tell those airplanes because they are much louder than newer planes.  They do petition to land some of the older louder airplanes. 

We bought in 1986 and knew full well we were under the DFW flight path.  But also knew we were far enough north that the planes would, for the most part, still be several thousands of feet above us.

Race Tracks  I spent time in the late 1970's at Green Valley Raceway/drag strip.  That was where Ken Miles was famously photographed jumping one of the first GT350's.   That track closed in the mid-1980's. It's now houses.  But there is also a walking path there.  And there are now informational signs about the track.  There is still a section of the starting grid left and there are two barriers still left  The barriers were over a small creek that was along the starting grid and not down the strip.

It's important to research land and what is within 5 miles of you.  Our little village was 5000 people when we bought in the older part of it.  They were building a huge new housing area to our west, and around the lake.  The place is now 15000.  There is a Kansas City & Southern rail line, been here since WWII if not before.  There is the landing patterns.  The state built a new 4 lane road, up through some of all that new housing.  Those people were petitioning to stop the trains!  To stop the highway (gee....it was platted in the early 1970's, you built in the late 1990's).  petitioning to Stop (OH!  THE HORROR!) a Walmart (where they shop now). 
But change is constant also.  Maybe it's great now.  And maybe in 5 or 25 years......

Anyone see the new story about some $5 million mansion in Beverly Hills CA?  Doctor owned it, he fled the country.  Not real clear who owns it now but there is all sorts of partying and noise and goings on. 
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2024, 12:52:07 PM »
Happening every few years here in Dallas TX.  Love Field was the grass strip during WWI.  It became commercial aviation after that.  My dad was born in the early 1930's and said Love Field was SO far out of town, it took an hour or more to drive there (pre interstates).  Now?  totally surrounded by Dallas.  Shoot we are 30 miles north and see the flight patterns for both Love and DFW International.  But there is another side of all this.  The airlines and air freight DO petition to increase the number of flights.  They DO petition to increase the hours earlier in the day and later (yes they are 24 hours, but certain planes can't use the airfields over night).  Every day there are several older 747 air freighters landing at DFW and I can tell those airplanes because they are much louder than newer planes.  They do petition to land some of the older louder airplanes. 

We bought in 1986 and knew full well we were under the DFW flight path.  But also knew we were far enough north that the planes would, for the most part, still be several thousands of feet above us.

Race Tracks  I spent time in the late 1970's at Green Valley Raceway/drag strip.  That was where Ken Miles was famously photographed jumping one of the first GT350's.   That track closed in the mid-1980's. It's now houses.  But there is also a walking path there.  And there are now informational signs about the track.  There is still a section of the starting grid left and there are two barriers still left  The barriers were over a small creek that was along the starting grid and not down the strip.

It's important to research land and what is within 5 miles of you.  Our little village was 5000 people when we bought in the older part of it.  They were building a huge new housing area to our west, and around the lake.  The place is now 15000.  There is a Kansas City & Southern rail line, been here since WWII if not before.  There is the landing patterns.  The state built a new 4 lane road, up through some of all that new housing.  Those people were petitioning to stop the trains!  To stop the highway (gee....it was platted in the early 1970's, you built in the late 1990's).  petitioning to Stop (OH!  THE HORROR!) a Walmart (where they shop now). 
But change is constant also.  Maybe it's great now.  And maybe in 5 or 25 years......

Anyone see the new story about some $5 million mansion in Beverly Hills CA?  Doctor owned it, he fled the country.  Not real clear who owns it now but there is all sorts of partying and noise and goings on.

This one :

The house was previously owned by disgraced orthopedic surgeon Dr. Munir Uwaydah, the ringleader of a $150 million Medicare insurance scam who allegedly fled to Lebanon after he was accused in the murder of 21-year-old model Juliana Redding.  

https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/news/beverly-hills-residents-outraged-as-squatters-turn-multi-million-dollar-mansion-into-problematic-party-house/

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy