News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1969 Boss 429 project (not mine)

Started by OldFordGuy, March 06, 2022, 04:09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldFordGuy

1963 1/2 Galaxie 427 R code
1965 Mercury Park Lane Super Marauder convertible

Coralsnake

Well, I think you should compare it to recently sold (complete) cars. Boss 429 parts are hard to find and can be extremely expensive. As always, if you are going to pay someone to do the work take into account the hours. I easily see 1,000 hours of labor x whatever your shops rate.

Based on this one example, I would say run away.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ai8sMN01KFQ

I realize of course I'm not taking into account the history of either car, because I have not researched them. Remember auction prices are typically more than dealer retail prices.

I think you can find other similar examples.

trotrof1

The ride height on the auction Boss 9 might have been a concern for bidders.

67 GT350

I was thinking the same thing, 168K plus easy 100K plus (whats missing? 40K?) 308K....If I gave it to my guy up in NY, I know it would be correct, right, and nicely restored. But 308K?

GAA B9 went for 300K, plus fees, shipping, etc.? I might pick the one that needs restoring due to KNOWING THE QUALITY.

Just makes my point even more....I do not trust auction houses. Between shady deals and misrepresentation of the car, they do not make sense.

With that said, I would buy one for the BK price all day at 195K if 100 % Complete!
RARE  Signature Delete

shlb69

Have seen the car in person and body is in pretty good shape except for what would have t be corrected from the drag racing. Has alot of hard to find parts that go with the car. Should have some photos but website shows more then I most likely have.

capecodmustang.com

Boss 429s...

Just one of those cars you should try to buy restored if you can afford it.

They're a headache to restore and source parts for...

Just my .02...

hurlbird

great price for that white one if all correct!

69mach351w

Well, the VIN is 9F02Z198719. In plain site on the Marti  ::)

Coralsnake

Please school me up on the holes in the seat risers

gt350bp

My 69 Super Stock CJ had the same modifications. I believe it was to save weight and provide an attachment point for a driveshaft safety loop that would be close to the transmission yoke universal joint. I think NHRA rules required the safety loop a specified distance from the yoke universal? My car was also "swiss cheese" drilled anywhere possible to allow weight to be added in a more advantages locations. My seat risers were drilled and cut as well as under dash brackets and doors.

Don
gt350bp

69mach351w

Quote from: gt350bp on March 07, 2022, 03:31:01 PM
My 69 Super Stock CJ had the same modifications. I believe it was to save weight and provide an attachment point for a driveshaft safety loop that would be close to the transmission yoke universal joint. I think NHRA rules required the safety loop a specified distance from the yoke universal? My car was also "swiss cheese" drilled anywhere possible to allow weight to be added in a more advantages locations. My seat risers were drilled and cut as well as under dash brackets and doors.

Don
gt350bp
Agreed
I raced circle track for several years and our cars could be 52-48% L to R weight distribution. And one of the first places we would add weight to get the 52% is under the driver's seat.

98SVT - was 06GT

This is the type of car that sells for BIG money and a lot of people with limited budgets see one at 1/2 price so they jump on it. They work on it as their budget allows and it never seems to get finished.

A friend of mine is in love with Swift airplanes. They have a good following but are generally owned by people with a shoestring budget for flying. He's had several in his shop for extended periods just waiting for the owners to provide the next influx of cash to move their project along. I see this B9 in the same light.

http://www.aeroplanefactory.us/index.html
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

69mach351w

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on March 07, 2022, 04:27:27 PM
This is the type of car that sells for BIG money and a lot of people with limited budgets see one at 1/2 price so they jump on it. They work on it as their budget allows and it never seems to get finished.

A friend of mine is in love with Swift airplanes. They have a good following but are generally owned by people with a shoestring budget for flying. He's had several in his shop for extended periods just waiting for the owners to provide the next influx of cash to move their project along. I see this B9 in the same light.

http://www.aeroplanefactory.us/index.html
Remind me not to fly the friendly skies with them ;)

tomhawk

Check out the Boss 429 on Concoursmustangs Forum one listed for 175. Looks like a much better car.. Nates classic Mustang is the seller.

429rb

Be careful with that car mentioned in previous post.  I know several knowledgeable folks that have backed away slowly fearing a tetanus infection.