News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Enclosed Car Trailer Minimum Length

Started by Corey Bowcutt, March 06, 2022, 10:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeh

A-Snake

FWIW, here's another idea. Montrose trailer builds trailers with a 'clam-shell' nose. The trailer pictured is 16'. The side doors are 7'10" wide. I can tie the car down with wheel straps to the eTrac while standing on the ground, no crawling underneath. The spare mounts to the floor. This one is 94" wide inside. It is all aluminum. They are available in any length. A Shelby would need an 18' or 20' IMO.
They also build trailers with aluminum floors with underdeck storage for tools etc.

hurlbird

what are you pulling it with? motor\rear end wise that is

mark p

I saw one of those at the North East Regional a while back - fantastic!!
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

A-Snake

Quote from: hurlbird on March 07, 2022, 11:14:01 AM
what are you pulling it with? motor\rear end wise that is

F150 Crew Cab Ecoboost, 3:55 rear. The trailer is about 2000 lbs. It would be less with an aluminum floor instead of wood.

https://www.montrosetrailers.com/

hurlbird

how does the truck do? i have the same rear w/ the 302.

A-Snake

Quote from: hurlbird on March 07, 2022, 12:56:18 PM
how does the truck do? i have the same rear w/ the 302.

No problem at all. I would guess the 5.0 would even get better mileage.

Blackcar

Quote from: A-Snake on March 07, 2022, 12:59:38 PM
Here is another video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GjwN0j78po&t=36s
I also went with a Montrose trailer in a 20' model its been a very good decision also it comes with 3 jackstands so the trailer can be lifted slightly off the ground so the tires are not under weight over the time its being stored.

hurlbird

thanks.. think this is the best for me.. i also have a belair so ill need the 20 feet

69mach351w

I don't know about other manufacturer's but at most, a 22' is the oddball size. They either sell the 20' or go to the 24'. at least that's what my trailer sales where I bought mine was.  I could easily buy a 20' or go to the 24' and buy right there on the lot.  But, if I wanted the 22' trailer, they had to have it made.

Don't get me wrong, the 22'er was a choice but it was going to cost me more than the 24' that was right there on the lot. All they had to do was install the D-rings where I wanted them.

My trailer is the 24' Freedom V-nose. Pulls like a dream at 80mph with my F250 7.3L from Reese hitch.