News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1966 GT 350 on the stage at Mecum

Started by Karguy, March 18, 2022, 10:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karguy

Does anyone know the significance of or any info on the white 66 GT 350 that is prominently displayed on the stage at Mecum Glendale?
6S281, in my family from 1972-1983. Back home January 2017, will not leave again!

silverton_ford

6s1640

Hi Brian,

Do you know if the grill horse emblem is original to the car?  It is facing the opposite of the typical direction?

Thanks for sharing.

Cory

J_Speegle

Looking at the pictures the car does not appear untouched and all original. Not bad mouthing the car just an observation of the cars condition/details in the pictures provided
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

sfm5

I do tend to like cars with day 2 mods that are "in period" and tastefully done. This car has a lot going for it, original owner, relatively low mileage, a lot of original pieces listed in the write-up, assume it has never been taken apart (a rusting hulk sitting on blocks in a field). It also has some quirky things that would be simple to put back to original, potentially increasing value, especially since the marketing theme is on "originality".

Interesting to see what it brings in the current market.
65 GT350

silverton_ford

Quote from: 6s1640 on March 19, 2022, 02:01:16 AM
Hi Brian,

Do you know if the grill horse emblem is original to the car?  It is facing the opposite of the typical direction?

Thanks for sharing.

Cory

Cory, - Yes, when I visited the owner this past fall we noticed the grill emblem and he commented that it was original and knew it was facing the wrong way.

The owner enjoyed the car as it was meant to be.  He didn't abuse the car, but it also is not a "only driven on Sundays to church" car.  He always garaged the car and kept very good care of it.  He had raced the car at the local drag strip over the years but used a different engine.  He always kept the original block and parts with the car and some years back he re-installed the original block back into the car.  He was an electrical engineer working on microwave and radio towers all over the world so he didn't have a lot of time to drive the car in the 60's, 70's and 80's.  Just listening to his stories about the towers was very fascinating.  He has seen and done some really cool things.

If anyone is seriously interested in bidding on the car send me a PM.  I will send you my photos and notes I took when I looked at the car.

Brian

randybrinsley

did this car sell? I can't find it in the results

davez

Quote from: randybrinsley on March 20, 2022, 07:30:31 PM

No
Because it's scheduled for May in indy
On display until then

6s1640

Quote from: silverton_ford on March 20, 2022, 12:02:51 PM
Quote from: 6s1640 on March 19, 2022, 02:01:16 AM
Hi Brian,

Thanks for sharing.

Cory

Cory, - Yes, when I visited the owner this past fall we noticed the grill emblem and he commented that it was original and knew it was facing the wrong way.

The owner enjoyed the car as it was meant to be.  He didn't abuse the car, but it also is not a "only driven on Sundays to church" car.  He always garaged the car and kept very good care of it.  He had raced the car at the local drag strip over the years but used a different engine.  He always kept the original block and parts with the car and some years back he re-installed the original block back into the car.  He was an electrical engineer working on microwave and radio towers all over the world so he didn't have a lot of time to drive the car in the 60's, 70's and 80's.  Just listening to his stories about the towers was very fascinating.  He has seen and done some really cool things.

If anyone is seriously interested in bidding on the car send me a PM.  I will send you my photos and notes I took when I looked at the car.

Brian

Hi Brian,

Thanks for filling us in that you saw the car and willing to share the pictures.  On the emblem, I wouldn't say it is facing the wrong direction, just not the typical direction.  There are other cars that also received the passengers side emblem in the grill.  They are right for those cars, especially if that is how SAI installed them.  I believe one of the HERTZ cars in the tri-folder has the same facing emblem.

Catch you later

Cory

jk66gt350

Quote from: randybrinsley on March 20, 2022, 07:30:31 PM

I do not believe this car was listed for sale at the auction - just on display from what I saw and info on the auction site.