News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

AACA Museum New Exhibit Reception Mustangs and Thunderbirds

Started by Corey Bowcutt, May 17, 2018, 12:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corey Bowcutt

I am going to the New Exhibit Opening Reception tomorrow night (May 18) and wondering if anyone else will be there.  It is a new exhibit featuring "Mustangs: Six Generations of America's Favorite Pony Car exhibit as well as A Trio of Thunderbird's from the International Thunderbird Club".

They are having a cocktail hours followed by a panel discussion featuring Chuck Cantwell, John Clor, Gale Halderman and Art Hyde.

Hope to meet some of you there.

Corey

mark p

sounds like a good time.
I can't make  it for 5/18... but will try to see that exhibit another day.
Thanks for posting.
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Can't make the opening night, but it should be good. Would love to see that maroon prototype fastback in person.  If it wasn't the daughters birthday and it wasn't raining, I'd drive the car up there
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Corey Bowcutt

Last night's opening of the Mustang exhibit at the AACA Museum was awesome.  The panel discussion with the the four guests was informative and so entertaining!  They are hilarious. And there are some incredible cars there.  They have a 1965 GT350R, and 1966 GT350, two 1967 Shelbys and two 1968 Shelbys.  They did not have any 69/70 Shelby however.  But they had a few Boss 302s and a Boss 9.  A lot of other very nice Mustangs as well.  They had a real pretty 67 German exported T5 in dark blue.  I got to speak at length with the owner of the 1963 Mustang III concept car, he was such a nice guy.

I would've to post pictures but unfortunately do not have the ability to.

I really recommend  anyone within driving distance check this exhibit out.  It is an awesome museum ( my first time there.)

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

maybe we can plan a "road trip" with our cars on a nice weekend.
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Corey Bowcutt

The Saturday before Father's Day they are having a car show there. That would be a great day to go if I get me electrical issues worked out by then.