Author Topic: Take a tour of the Shelby American Collection  (Read 1309 times)

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
5S071, 6S1467

hertzdonut

• View Profile
Re: Take a tour of the Shelby American Collection
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 04:39:09 PM »
Last September, Susan and I drove 6S555 to Boulder for the Museum's Labor Day event.
Along the way we visited Ray with 6S554 and Ron and Cheryl with 6S550. Everyone should
yearly experience long distance driving in a 60's vehicle with no air and an AM radio with
their spouse. The Museum is fantastic as were the Shelby owners at the event. It was a
bucketlist item checked off the list but I'm tempted to try it again. We made it home and the
next .day the left front tire was flat and she wouldn't start. Neither turned out to be a big problem.
The only embarrassment was a squealing clutch release bearing when we left the show.
Every Shelby enthusiast needs to visit this place!
Terry

SAM83

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2022, 06:01:18 PM »
Flew out to CO earlier this month from CA to do some skiing and stopped by museum in Boulder on way back to airport.

The number of historic vehicles on display is impressive.  Is definitely a bucket list item if you are a fan of Shelby cars.

Pretty sure I saw the #98 Ken Miles Cobra at SAAC46 last summer and the Ken Miles GT40 at the Monterey Historics a few weeks later.

Had been at museum in 2011 and think it is even better now as it seems there are more GT40s.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2022, 09:09:36 PM »
Sensory overload  !
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy