News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

It's official the Corvette C8 Is going electric

Started by FL SAAC, April 25, 2022, 07:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Of the two electric cars I'll take the C8

Corvette: Electrified | Chevrolet
https://youtu.be/rVZ_HNDE2MY

The Chevrolet Corvette is officially going electric - CNN
https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/25/business/electric-hybrid-corvette/index.html
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

67 GT350

RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

67 GT350

Ha! But if your looking for ford to compete with a Chevy, they have not done that since 1957

Corvette, Thunderbird, then Thunderbird in 2002, then 2005, 06...but Mustang? that is competing with Camaro.
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

Quote from: 67 GT350 on April 25, 2022, 08:16:20 PM
Ha! But if your looking for ford to compete with a Chevy, they have not done that since 1957

Corvette, Thunderbird, then Thunderbird in 2002, then 2005, 06...but Mustang? that is competing with Camaro.

You  know what the T in T Bird stand a for ?

Terrific....

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Quote from: 557 on April 25, 2022, 09:29:42 PM
If they do it right it should haul ass.... 8)

Rumors :

Before the fully-electric Corvette arrives, it is likely there will be a gas-electric or plug-in hybrid model. That version is rumored to offer about 1,000 horsepower from a twin-turbo version of the 5.5-liter V8 with an electric motor driving the front wheels.

GM Adding Hybrid Corvette In 2023 And All-Electric Version Soon After
https://www.forbes.com/sites/greggardner/2022/04/25/chevrolet-to-offer-hybrid-and-all-electric-corvettes-beginning-in-2023/

I have all UNGOLD cars

Harris Speedster

That crystal ball.
I believe that GM's commitment to take the whole company electric is a mistake.
We shall see.
respectfully,
John
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

FL SAAC

Quote from: Harris Speedster on April 25, 2022, 10:50:55 PM
That crystal ball.
I believe that GM's commitment to take the whole company electric is a mistake.
We shall see.
respectfully,
John

Totally agree with you sir

I have all UNGOLD cars

67 GT350

We have a 2002 T-Bird and really like it, I put a Borla exhaust on it and it has a very nice 5.0 sound now, but I still wish it was not so much Jaguar. We have a Volvo C30 with a 5 cyl turbo that will blow away the Jag motor, or whatever it is. I would take the Volvo motor in a T-Bird even if it would make it front wheel drive, it is that much better.
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

Quote from: 67 GT350 on April 26, 2022, 10:25:43 AM
We have a 2002 T-Bird and really like it, I put a Borla exhaust on it and it has a very nice 5.0 sound now, but I still wish it was not so much Jaguar. We have a Volvo C30 with a 5 cyl turbo that will blow away the Jag motor, or whatever it is. I would take the Volvo motor in a T-Bird even if it would make it front wheel drive, it is that much better.

Ah yes all sound and no go...

I have all UNGOLD cars

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: 67 GT350 on April 26, 2022, 10:25:43 AM
We have a 2002 T-Bird and really like it, I put a Borla exhaust on it and it has a very nice 5.0 sound now, but I still wish it was not so much Jaguar.

My wife loves her 04 but it's too little for my liking. There is a lot of latent power in that engine starting with the Cosworth built heads how about adding a blower. Jaguar found that the V8 was an excellent platform for adding the Eaton M112 supercharger with it fitting perfectly in the V of the engine and providing the Effortless Performance the AJ26 aimed to deliver.

The new program was given the designation AJ26 (6+8+12=26).  Following the purchase of Jaguar by Ford, the project was carefully re-evaluated and the decision taken to proceed but only with the V8 version at that time.  This took shape as a Double Over Head Camshaft (DOHC) 90-degree unit of 4.0 litre capacity and in late 1992 the Ford and Jaguar boards had given approval for the unit to be produced.  Ford assigned a dedicated building at their Bridgend plant, in Wales, to manufacture the Jaguar "AJ-V8".
Ford US adopted the AJ-V8 in 3.9-litre form (designated the AJ35) for the 2000 Lincoln LS8 and in 2002 for the new Thunderbird; these engines were given the design code AJ35 and were manufactured in the USA.  When production of the AJ35 ceased in 2006 some 250,000 examples had come off the line. In 2002, for the second generation AJ-V8, capacity was increased to 4.2-litres by increasing the stroke and reducing the diameter of the crankpin journals to maintain the same block height.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless