News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Another nail in the coffin?

Started by 98SVT - was 06GT, April 29, 2022, 12:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Johnston

More to excite the curious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKOL3G8XKzQ

Must be fun on a polished concrete floor. 8)

crossboss

Quote from: Don Johnston on May 01, 2022, 03:23:34 PM
More to excite the curious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKOL3G8XKzQ

Must be fun on a polished concrete floor. 8)

Another worthless 100K dollar truck with ONLY (as stated in the video) 220 mile range on a single charge. PASS.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

mark p

I seem to be stuck on my same rant - can any of the left-wing/greenies do any math?
I doubt it.
IF - we change all cars and trucks (not sure about planes, trains and ships?) to Battery Power...
PLUS - we eliminate coal & natural gas fired electricity generation (probably also need to get rid of those nasty nuclear power plants?)
HOW MUCH "green" energy generation will be needed? ... and how long is that going to take to get built?
(Yes, I want to see the Megawatt requirement calculation for all of this new usage)
oops, I almost forgot to include the extra MW to replace home usage of natural gas and propane... heater, stove, dryer, hot water...

I've been reading about the "FANTASTIC/SUPER/WONDERFUL" (etc) off-shore wind project that will be off the coast of Maryland for a few years. Maybe "soon" the approvals will be in place to actually start working on something. Seems like these things take a decade - or more - to make any progress, and who knows how long to make any electricity.
FWIW, the article in our local paper [from 4 years ago] stated that the above wind power will cost 2-1/2 times as much as current power ("wholesale price").
You can bet that all of this "green power" is gonna cost you some green $$ in the long run.
Seems like Ford and GM are betting on the left, and not on the math?
Hmmm... I seem to be a bit cynical  ??? ::)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

crossboss

You are spot on. Those windmills that will power everything according to the left/greenies, I have a question for them. What about those windmills near Palm Springs that have been in disrepair for years? Why are most of them not working/broke? Hmmm...and when they were working, did it help/reduce the electric grid? Nope. Another waste of taxpayers dollars. Btw, where are all of these new 'green jobs' the JACKASS Party is talking about? Another lie.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: crossboss on May 01, 2022, 05:22:30 PM
You are spot on. Those windmills that will power everything according to the left/greenies, I have a question for them. What about those windmills near Palm Springs that have been in disrepair for years? Why are most of them not working/broke? Hmmm...and when they were working, did it help/reduce the electric grid? Nope. Another waste of taxpayers dollars. Btw, where are all of these new 'green jobs' the JACKASS Party is talking about? Another lie.
The windmills were the big gift from Carter to the rich investors. They got mega tax breaks for investing. The energy and pollution expended and produced to create a windmill exceeds all the energy it will produce in its lifetime.
I know a guy who made a lot of money designing the shape for the blades on these things. His patents on laminar flow and winglets are now used by all the big aircraft manufacturers.
I love driving along the 10 past the old oil well looking wind mills that have thrown a blade and ended up a twisted heap of scrap metal.

Looks like they are replacing them  https://www.google.com/maps/@33.9132997,-116.59838,3a,20.4y,35.83h,95.32t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sYBKhn-KMLHQ4yJSRXC-NVg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en

The pole type don't seem to fail when they throw a blade  https://www.google.com/maps/@33.9130453,-116.5979641,3a,15y,242.42h,93.17t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1svuEKVeXLna6XRHGncVL-JA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

67 GT350

Not sure why our friends in the White House (or wherever his "set" is) feel the need to make a "free market" country push gas out the door...If electric cars are so good, they will get better and better and the free market will choose. I think there is a place for both, like gas heat vs electric heat. Elon Musk has even said, its time to start producing again, never mind the push for electric cars, Tesla will be fine, we need to get cheaper gas to the people.
BUT...
It is clear to see via our administration in the white house has bribed many companies, Ford, GM, GE, Coke, Disney, Gates, and any other big name you can think of.... Every company is told to get in line or pay. They all have chose to sell US out. They are burning up food plants, they shorted the companies for chips, and these companies are silent as to what is going on.
THIS IS A SCARY TIME...
We all are also to blame, we let a dishonest election slide right on in, we have been blocked on media, the truth is not getting out to the people, only a few know what has happened and the evidence is everywhere. We just let it happen, why? How many are married to a teacher, firefighter, police, and any other public job where at the end a nice big pension waits? Who would you vote for??? Someone who wants to reel in free stuff for the few? HA!
Many people just don't care what is going on as long as its all good in their neighborhood.
In conclusion...
Something is rotten in the USA...The enemy within.
RARE  Signature Delete

mark p

I keep reading about how the media is important for the USA, they give us the real facts, etc.

Directly from that 2018 article:
'Maryland says that the additional burden on ratepayers is projected to be less than $1.40 per month for residential customers and less than 1.4% impact on the annual bills of businesses", according to the Maryland Public Service Commission'

What honest person could write that the cost is 2.5X and the rate increase will be 1.4%?
When someone says that "taxpayers" (or the government) will make up the difference - I always point out that the "ratepayer" and the "taxpayer" are the same guy at my house  ::)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

crossboss

All I can say on this is make sure you vote for the right people, and the right party on this upcoming mid term. Don't let OUR country be ruined (again) with corrupt left wing nut jobs. There must be common sense and balance to it all.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

67 GT350

Quote from: crossboss on May 01, 2022, 09:21:58 PM
All I can say on this is make sure you vote for the right people, and the right party on this upcoming mid term. Don't let OUR country be ruined (again) with corrupt left wing nut jobs. There must be common sense and balance to it all.

AMEN!
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

EVs disadvantages include finding charging stations, charging times, higher initial costs, limited driving range, and battery packs can be expensive to replace. Once the battery is out the environmental hazards they present to our environment.

Imagine losing the ability to pull over and gas up immediately is a hard fact for us to lose.

Having to live with the fear the battery will run out of charge before reaching your destination,  or "range anxiety," fear of too few charging stations, long charge times etc.

We will be holding out until we can no longer purchase a fuels powered vehicle. Bycicles are a good alternative.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert