News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

LOUD CARS GO TO JAIL

Started by 98SVT - was 06GT, May 06, 2022, 09:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

98SVT - was 06GT

I remember seeing those signs as we drove across Route 66 in the 50s and 60s.
Now CA is going to start mailing you a ticket.

If the bill is passed, six California cities will participate in a trial program beginning January 1, 2023 and running until December 31, 2027. The cities would receive what's described as a "sound-activated device" that, according to the bill, will activate "when the noise levels have exceeded the legal sound limit and is designed to obtain a clear photograph of a vehicle license plate." Thankfully, as Autoweek points out, cities will be required to put up signs notifying motorists before they enter a camera enforcement zone. The first offense gets a warning, with repeat violators receiving a fine.

The whole bill is actually written to be rather flexible toward motorists. Cities must devise a payment plan for those who cant afford to pay the fines, with deferment options and waivers available as well. And the money generated from these noise violation tickets is intended to go toward "traffic calming measures," like bike lanes, raised crosswalks, roundabouts, or speed humps, all of which could serve to reduce vehicle noise in neighborhoods even further.

https://jalopnik.com/california-wants-to-ticket-loud-cars-with-traffic-camer-1848892834

I think I'll rent a Tesla and toss in a couple giant speakers playing top fuel sounds then point out how quiet an electric car is when I get to court.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

mark p

Big Brother is... listening?  :o ::) ???
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

FL SAAC

Loud cars go to jail but it's ok to have people rob stores, but wait it's under 1,000 they are set free? Plus the homeless situation ? And much more. 

Loud cars LMAO......comon man ! 
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

crossboss

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on May 06, 2022, 09:57:25 PM
I remember seeing those signs as we drove across Route 66 in the 50s and 60s.
Now CA is going to start mailing you a ticket.

If the bill is passed, six California cities will participate in a trial program beginning January 1, 2023 and running until December 31, 2027. The cities would receive what's described as a "sound-activated device" that, according to the bill, will activate "when the noise levels have exceeded the legal sound limit and is designed to obtain a clear photograph of a vehicle license plate." Thankfully, as Autoweek points out, cities will be required to put up signs notifying motorists before they enter a camera enforcement zone. The first offense gets a warning, with repeat violators receiving a fine.

The whole bill is actually written to be rather flexible toward motorists. Cities must devise a payment plan for those who cant afford to pay the fines, with deferment options and waivers available as well. And the money generated from these noise violation tickets is intended to go toward "traffic calming measures," like bike lanes, raised crosswalks, roundabouts, or speed humps, all of which could serve to reduce vehicle noise in neighborhoods even further.

https://jalopnik.com/california-wants-to-ticket-loud-cars-with-traffic-camer-1848892834

I think I'll rent a Tesla and toss in a couple giant speakers playing top fuel sounds then point out how quiet an electric car is when I get to court.
Hey I'm retired with too much time on my hands.

Kommifornia is broke. Instead of enforcing criminals, it now has to fine motorists on this BS 'noise' violation from cars. It will be tossed out by the courts. Remember those traffic cameras? Tickets can not be issued with out an officer to witness the violation(s). The 'loophole' is: "I was not driving", "An airplane flew over head", and or a "motorcycle drove next to me". Too much reasonable doubt to enforce it.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30