News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

New Speedo Cable

Started by ctann, April 10, 2022, 08:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctann

Hi all,

My '68 GT500KR (auto) previously had an incorrect (60") speedo cable, which didn't survive long after I changed back to the original transverse style exhaust system. I am replacing it with a "Scott Drake Speedometer Cable Concours Automatic 1967-1968/3-Speed 1967".

First snag was when I tried to swap the speedometer gear. The thicker part at the end of the new cable is about 1/8" or so longer than the one that was on the car, and so the old (21 tooth) gear wouldn't fit. I ordered a new gear, but in the photos it looks exactly the same as the one I have, and there seems to be only one type, so I'm worried I may have the same problem again. Anyone run into this before? is it possible that the old cable was actually off a completely different car (and thus with different spec gear)?

Second question, I bought one of the speedo cable clips, but I actually see two possible locations. Was it just a single clip that was used, or were there two? Anyone can enlighten me as to the exact routing and clip location?

Cheers,
            Chris.

ctann

Just closing out my own thread...

Got a replacement cable sent out, and it fit just fine. Conclusion? Just poor quality control on the initial cable they sent me...

Chris.